Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Calibre Content Server

Does anyone know if Amazon charges to download from your content server via the kindle ? I know I can set up the email part and wifi it on the kindle 3. I have a kindle 2 also and seen that on there I could go to myip:80 and download the (news feeds in my case) but i don't want amazon to all the sudden bill me for data download. So I was curious if anyone has used this and been billed/not been billed.. I set my amount on Amazon to 0.00 so hopefully it will not.
Thanks
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have sent a LOT of material by wi-fi, and it shows it going through my Amazon account, but no charges as of this date.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have sent a LOT of material by wi-fi, and it shows it going through my Amazon account, but no charges as of this date.
They even mention it as a feature for basic web. So i guess if the website has downloadable content .txt .mobi then it is fine. Hope it stays that way. I buy plenty of books from Amazon as is. Let me at least get my personal documents on all my devices for free
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote