Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #61
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You don't need ADE or Nook for PC or anything else to download your purchases to your PC. I just did it again and the numbered .epub downloaded to the same folder I have currently set for all downloads. You can use that .epub file just as you would any other .epub file, and it doesn't "disappear". Since it is infected with DRM, it will need to be disinfected before you can use it in most programs. If you have a program or device that "supports" B&N DRM, Like Adobe Reader Mobile v9.1.1 or later, then you can use it as it is.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
For me at least the download link does not work on Linux (Firfox) but the download link did work on my windows 7 VM. The download links used to work under linux just fine but for some reason don't today. But I will say I don't like the direction they are heading with this and it bugs me. So I'm now looking for another place to purchace books even though I have a NST maybe it is also time to purchase a new reader as well ( I would like one of the new front lit ones ). Maybe I need to take a look at that new KOBO reader.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #63
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
And you only get the download button in Nook for Web for books and not magazine subscriptions.
There is a Greasemonkey script for firefox, "BN-Dload", which adds a download link for magazines in your B&N library. I don't buy magazines there very often, but have used it for one.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #64
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
It might be present in a temp file on your computer while ADE is open. If you can figure out which temp file it is in, you can copy it into another folder and work on it from there.
You and Mims were right. After selecting download, you have the option to open in ADE or save file. Either way, there is a temp folder created, and for me it was in downloads as I use Firefox. All I had to do was import from downloads to Calibre and voila.

Thanks again everyone.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #65
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Glad it helped.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #66
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
There is a Greasemonkey script for firefox, "BN-Dload", which adds a download link for magazines in your B&N library. I don't buy magazines there very often, but have used it for one.
I had to try this one out...another benefit is that it even adds an "alternative download" link to the "archive" page books as well. So you don't have to move the books back to active to download! (At least, so far...it might be that I'll eventually come across a book that it doesn't work for).

This might be worth trying out for the folks in the UK that don't have a download link at all.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #67
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
The reason it's nice to be able to re-download books from B&N (for me) is that I have noticed that occasionally publishers release updated versions of an epub I have purchased that B&N places in "My Library" instead of the older version. I assume there are, or hope at one point there will be, updated versions that remove some of the errors and issues with the first version I purchased.

B&N doesn't tell you when a book you have purchased has been updated, or mark them in the list as being updated since your last download, so once a year or so, I just re-d/l the whole lot and process them. I don't have so many there (maybe 200) that it is a burden to do.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #68
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Is anyone else having a problem getting to your library at bn.com? I just tried and get a blank page after it finally times out. Neither Firefox or IE worked.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #69
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is anyone else having a problem getting to your library at bn.com? I just tried and get a blank page after it finally times out. Neither Firefox or IE worked.
I'm in it now, but it's being dodgy. I've been downloading my ebooks (been doing this for awhile, since my Fictionwise library was merged in - but this thread reminded me I wanted to get this done!) for backup purposes.

I'll download one, try to archive it...freeze up. Then it logs me out. I log back in, it might or might now let me do what I want. Wait, try again.

Not a happy experience.

EDIT: 12:24 (EDT) I may have spoken too soon...can't get past the first screen. It'll go to MyNook, but when I click on MyLibrary, I'm getting the full-screen white page too.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 06-17-2013 at 12:24 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #70
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try the back button in your browser or right click and select back, sometimes refresh worked as well. I ran into that some yesterday, as well. I thought it might have just been me.

Luck,
Ken
Old 06-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #71
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
For me at least the download link does not work on Linux (Firfox) but the download link did work on my windows 7 VM. The download links used to work under linux just fine but for some reason don't today. But I will say I don't like the direction they are heading with this and it bugs me. So I'm now looking for another place to purchace books even though I have a NST maybe it is also time to purchase a new reader as well ( I would like one of the new front lit ones ). Maybe I need to take a look at that new KOBO reader.
I use Firefox with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on my Netbook. The last time I bought a book at B&N -- a couple of weeks ago, I guess -- it downloaded fine.

I don't plan to buy a new book just to test it, but I do hope this isn't a new move on their part.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #72
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Just checked and everything went smoothly getting to my Nook Library. Might have been a weekend thing that got fixed when the IP section got back to work.

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #73
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for this.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't work anymore. Looks like B&N changed their website enough to block it.

Last edited by Rbneader; 06-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #74
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Awesome! Thanks for this.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't work anymore. Looks like B&N changed their website enough to block it.
Sorry about that - I'll play with it again tonight. I tested it out yesterday (just before posting) and used the "alternate download" link to re-download a magazine.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #75
Morganucopia
Bookaholic
Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Mini
Nook for PC is useless for testing EPUB files. Alternative sorely needed!

I installed Nook for PC under the mistaken assumption that I could test my EPUB files under development and see how they would display on a Nook device. Unlike Sony's Reader for PC, there is no way to import your own EPUB files, which makes Nook for PC completely useless for my purposes.

As an ebook developer, it is impractical to purchase all the myriad devices out on the market for testing purposes. Does anyone know of an app or utility that would allow me to preview how my EPUB will appear on a Nook device without actually owning a Nook?

Morganucopia is offline   Reply With Quote