Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Content Server not refreshing

I set up a content server and am having issues with it refreshing. So far I have it to be only local and it is not refreshing on either my pc or on my Nexus 7 using Moon+ Reader. On the pc I tried both IE and Firefox. I am checking Newest and tags to look for a newly added book. It does refresh if I stop and start the content server.

My pc is Win 7 and I am using calibe 0.9.11

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you running the content server as part of the main program or separately?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am running as part of the main program and have it run automatically.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And how are you adding the books to calibre? The following sequence works for me:

1) Add a book via the add books button
2) Hit refresh on the newest page in the browser
3) The newly added book shows up at the top of the list
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I hit refresh on the main page after I added a book, but I just now hit refresh on the newest page in the browser and the book I added at 6:00 pm still doesn't show up. I have my library in my dropbox folder and thought that might cause a problem so I exited dropbox but that didn't help.
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Do you have restriction setup for your server in Preferences->Sharing over the net?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

no. I left all the defaults except the port.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then I'm at a loss
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

the pc is set up as a static IP address - can that cause a problem?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The only network related thing that I can think of that could be causing a problem is if you are running two content servers and connecting to the incorrect one.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

no, I have only the one. I just deleted a book, and that updated immediately. It seems to be just adding new books, and I just tried adding a tag to an existing book and that didn't show up either.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

How long should it take for a book to show up in IE when I add one to Calibre? I have multiple libraries and switched to a different one to see what happened. When I went and switched back to my main library in Calibre, the Newest category still pointed to the different library. After a minute or two the Newest had my main library again and it had the book that I added.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It is instant.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just discovered what the problem is - my library is on the NAS. I tried using a backup library I have on my C drive and it worked fine. I have my NAS Calibre library in dropbox so I tried a backup library on the NAS that isn't in dropbox and that didn't work either.

My NAS details:

Model - LG N2A2DD2 - 2TB
Software - Version 10119 (Latest Version)

If anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work I'd appreciate it.