Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Parsa
Parsa began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101 IT
Question ezPDF Reader + ColorDict integration

Hi! I have a problem: I have downloaded ezPDF Reader and ColodrDict. I have installed them both. But they are not integrated. I mean when I select a word in ezPDF Reader and choose the ColorDict button, a web page pops up in Android Market which belongs to Colordict. It seems the ColorDict button in ezPDF reader is just a link to a webpage, not to the application
Parsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsa View Post
Hi! I have a problem: I have downloaded ezPDF Reader and ColodrDict. I have installed them both. But they are not integrated. I mean when I select a word in ezPDF Reader and choose the ColorDict button, a web page pops up in Android Market which belongs to Colordict. It seems the ColorDict button in ezPDF reader is just a link to a webpage, not to the application
It sounds like you did not finish the install of colorDict

ColorDict is a confusing app to install. The app isn't really a dictionary but more of a dictionary reader. To get ColorDict to work properly you need to install the app and the dictionaries. The dictionaries install like apps, but when you run them they unzip the data files to the colorDict directory then uninstall themselves.

To see if you have installed the colorDict app correctly, find it in your app drawer and launch it. If you can lookup words in the app then ezPDF and other app integrations should work.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Parsa

I do have installed the databases and it has longman dictionary of contemporary english plus babylon. But when I click on ColorDict button in ezPDF Reader it opens a web page in android market instead of looking up the word in ColorDict.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsa View Post
I do have installed the databases and it has longman dictionary of contemporary english plus babylon. But when I click on ColorDict button in ezPDF Reader it opens a web page in android market instead of looking up the word in ColorDict.
I don't see anywhere where Longman dictionary is compatible with colordict. Here is a question, if you open the colorDict app can you search for words in the app using Longman?

The dictionary I have installed on my phone/tablet is Wordnet English. It's not the best dictionary but it works.

You might just want to try the dictionary I've listed above and see if that works.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
ColorDict with Wordnet English works for me, both in the ColorDict app itself and inside EzPDF.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Parsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I don't see anywhere where Longman dictionary is compatible with colordict. Here is a question, if you open the colorDict app can you search for words in the app using Longman?

The dictionary I have installed on my phone/tablet is Wordnet English. It's not the best dictionary but it works.

You might just want to try the dictionary I've listed above and see if that works.

=X=
Yes, when I open ColorDict I can look up any word and it works just fine. The problem is ezPDF reader doesn't understand (!) that I have already installed the ColorDict and refers me to the download page of ColorDict
P.S. I can provide you with the download link of Longman dictionary for ColorDict if you want
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Parsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
ColorDict with Wordnet English works for me, both in the ColorDict app itself and inside EzPDF.
Is it possible that there is something wrong with my tablet? in works fine itself but doesn't work inside ezPDF Reader