Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #151
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
The default T1 web browser and opera mini cannot display Vietnamese characters (using unicode utf8). So that I want to change or add fonts file in the system file of my rooted T1. Can you help me?
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #152
delesp
delesp began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
Hi everybody,

I just wondered if there is a possibility to read doc/ppt/xls files? I failed until now. I've tried to install via rootexplorer officesuite pro.apk, but it does not work.
It would be very fine to be able to read office suite files...
Best!
delesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #153
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
delesp: if I'm not mistaken, the expanded-set package include eBookDroid which reads cbz comics...
Perfectviewer is better for reading cbr/cbj, install it!!!
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #154
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Metz? That's 60km from here Mais je ne parle pas francais very good. Only un petite peu.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #155
delesp
delesp began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
ewandeep: thanks I've tried Perfectviewer, it works well. But I'd like to read the comics with an automatic zoom to each 'picture'. I don't know if it's possible.

I guess there is still the famous issue with available memory for installing new apps. Hope it will be solved soon, since we cannot install properly apps higher than 1Mo into the reader (like officereaderpro)

uboot: either you're from Luxembourg or Germany! Guess Germany since you don't speak French. Bis Bald :-) (ich spreche nicht deutsch:-))
delesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #156
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by delesp View Post
ewandeep: thanks I've tried Perfectviewer, it works well. But I'd like to read the comics with an automatic zoom to each 'picture'. I don't know if it's possible.

Perfectviewer works better the other applications I tried, so if it does not neither the other application could do it.
Anyway; I did not understand well what does you mean, but I guess It can.
Try from menu, Third button on the left (zoom) and choose "Fixed size"
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #157
damrod
damrod began at the beginning.

Device: prs-350 / essentiel-B story
perfectviewer is cool but on my android tablet i use also ACV (a comic viewer)
https://market.android.com/details?i...roidcomics.acv
it works well and have autoresize
but if i remember right pefectviewer has it also
damrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #158
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
Will it work on Japanese firmware?

Hi there,

I got the T1 in Japan with Japanese firmware. I wonder if I could use the installation packages and rescue SD for this device? I really would like to have a better reading application! The Sony reader does not even display the table of contents in ePub files!

Any help appreciated!!

Ctop
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #159
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctop View Post
I got the T1 in Japan with Japanese firmware. I wonder if I could use the installation packages and rescue SD for this device? I really would like to have a better reading application! The Sony reader does not even display the table of contents in ePub files!
Actually, it does display the TOC in the EPUB files. At least the U.S./Western version does. You need to go MENU::Navigate Page::Table of Contents.

I think we may be able to make a root package for the Japanese firmware. I would need to get the filesystem dumps from your Reader in order to take a look at them, and try to make a root package.

You can get the dumps by downloading any of the root packages, then running the following sequence of commands:
Code:
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2 mmcblk2.img 0x1800000
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p1 mmcblk2p1.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p2 mmcblk2p2.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p5 mmcblk2p5.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p6 mmcblk2p6.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p9 mmcblk2p9.img
ebook_msc.exe name "PRS-T1" get /dev/block/mmcblk2p10 mmcblk2p10.img
It should take a while to get all the images. Then you can ZIP-archive all the .img files in the directory, and put them out somewhere where I can get them. I.e. on Rapidshare.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #160
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Hi porkupan

Thank you for your message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Actually, it does display the TOC in the EPUB files. At least the U.S./Western version does. You need to go MENU::Navigate Page::Table of Contents.
Ah yes, but on the Japanese version, you can only jump to a page number there, no TOC. I even went to a shop to confirm this and they said yes, you can't display the TOC. WTF.

Quote:
I think we may be able to make a root package for the Japanese firmware. I would need to get the filesystem dumps from your Reader in order to take a look at them, and try to make a root package.
That would be great. I will try to get you the files. I assume the command you gave is for Windows. Is there a way to do the same on the Mac? Or maybe Linux?

All the best,

Ctop
Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #161
deides
deides began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
thank you very much

Hi, I am a PRS T1 user (not rooted yet) and would like to express my thanks to those who are putting so much time in android-izing the PRS t1. I havent rooted it yet as I am waiting to see if there is a way to increase the settings partition size and form what I understand, the rooting files are in beta still... but i wanted to say thanks to those working on this.

It will benefit many people.

as for the size of the settings partition, isnt it just a matter of using a partition program to re-size the partition? Or are there actually two separate physical flash drives in the t1?

Again, thanks. cant wait for the release.
deides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #162
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately, the shared library for the API is only available for Windows.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #163
ctop
Connoisseur

Quote:
Unfortunately, the shared library for the API is only available for Windows.
I see. Now I tried to execute your commands in a Virtual Machine running Japanese Windows XP. When I execute the command, even if I execute only ebook_msc.exe, I am always told that the program can not be executed. The .DLL is in the same folder, together with all other files in that root package, and I am trying to execute it from that folder. Any ideas what might be wrong?

[update:]

OK, I figured it out. I used a real Windows machine and could get the dump of the files. I have put a zip file for you here:

[/update]

All the best,

Ctop

Last edited by ctop; 11-22-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: solved problem
Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #164
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctop View Post
I see. Now I tried to execute your commands in a Virtual Machine running Japanese Windows XP. When I execute the command, even if I execute only ebook_msc.exe, I am always told that the program can not be executed. The .DLL is in the same folder, together with all other files in that root package, and I am trying to execute it from that folder. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Ctop
You may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 AM   #165
ctop
Connoisseur

Got the dump

Hi porkupan
Quote:
I am replying here, since you might not see my edit above; I figured out how to get the dump and put the zip file up for you:

Please tell me if there is a problem with downloading it.

ALl the best, Ctop

Last edited by ctop; 11-22-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: link removed, since it became unusable

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony