Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodder View Post
Hi Jellby. Thanks for sharing your own preference !

May I ask if you embed licenses with the fonts? And how so, a text file?

Cheers,
Stodder
just as a sidenote - don't the licenses in itself contain info if you have to embed them too or not? AFAIR they usually do.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
May I ask if you embed licenses with the fonts? And how so, a text file?
I do, if required by the license. I also add a mention to the font name and creator in the "copyright page".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
Stodder
Connoisseur
Stodder began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
just as a sidenote - don't the licenses in itself contain info if you have to embed them too or not? AFAIR they usually do.
Yes, I believe a lot do; however, as I'm a newbie (), I have no idea what is the best way to actually embed the licenses.
Stodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Yes, I believe a lot do; however, as I'm a newbie (), I have no idea what is the best way to actually embed the licenses.
Most require that the font be obfuscated if it is embedded in a ePub. ADE supports this and ePub also provides a method but the two methods are not compatible. In this case ADE wins. This is to discourage others from just lifting the font out of the file and installing it on their pc for example. The license for use and copyright is likely already in the file. If you have to pay for a license you will get a copy that already has the license in the file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
just as a reminder: somewhere on MR floats a script by pdurrant AFAIR for epubspec conform font-obfuscation
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
Stodder
Connoisseur
Stodder began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Thanks for the added info

Am I right in assuming that OFL SIL do not need obfuscating? As long as there is an attached txt file (as many OFL SIL fonts I've seen do not have license text in the ttf file, only in the attahced txt--i.e. Gentium Plus).
Stodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #22
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Am I right in assuming that OFL SIL do not need obfuscating? As long as there is an attached txt file (as many OFL SIL fonts I've seen do not have license text in the ttf file, only in the attahced txt--i.e. Gentium Plus).
That's what I gather from the FAQ (see 1.15 and 1.16, which is wrongly numbered as 1.15 again), although 1.10 might be interpreted to say that the .txt file is not needed.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote