Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
DRM Protected Book Wouldn't Open

I bought the ebook Unbroken. I went to open it and got a notice that the book was DRM protected. I tried to open to book, but couldn't. Finally, I gave up. An hour or so later, however, I tried again, and I was able to open the book.

I'm just curious: What went on that kept me from opening the book?

I have a Sony 350.

Thanks,

Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
This just happened to a customer of mine who purchased a Sony. Does anybody have any ideas why it might be happening and how to fix it?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Missed comment about working an hour later... my comment irrelevant and deleted...

Last edited by elcreative; 03-01-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Mis-read OP
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Are the time zones on your computer/reader correct? Are the clocks in sync?
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I check the clock on my reader?
Randy
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
randyflycaster
Zealot

I chatted with a rep from Sony, but she didn't seem to have a good answer. She wanted to reformat my Sony reader, but I didn't do so because she couldn't answer why the book opened an hour later.

She did give me this link about DRM bugs, but I don't think it was applicable in my case as all my books are in epub format.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1008686
Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
How do I check the clock on my reader?
Randy
Home screen ---> setttings ---> date and time
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #8
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I had this happen with an epub book from the Phili libaray - I deleted it in case I got a messed up copy somehow, then redownloaded it but it still wouldn't open. I tried a different library book and it worked fine. Not sure why that one book wouldn't open.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
What electronic book store did you get the book from? Sony readers are required to get the electronic books from sony's book store.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
randyflycaster
Zealot

My clock's setting is fine. I may have bought the book from Borders. I'm not sure. I was told I could buy books from there. Besides, why did the book open an hour or so later?
Randy
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #11
KrowNB
Enthusiast
KrowNB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
What electronic book store did you get the book from? Sony readers are required to get the electronic books from sony's book store.
I have a Sony PRS-650. I've only downloaded one book from the Sony store. I have purchased numerous books from Kobobooks and have downloaded free books from Gutenberg and other sites as well as from our library. As far as I know, wherever I'm able to obtain an epub book I'll be able to get that into my Sony. Why do you say Sony readers are required to get books from the Sony store?
KrowNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
You should be able to buy books from any store that uses ePub. It does not need to be the Sony store. I usually get mine from kobo. I don't know why it didn't work for you.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
the_mitten
the_mitten began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
I just had the same problem this morning. I bought a book through the Waterstones site and opened the link using Sony Reader Library. I dragged the book to my PRS 350 using the Sony Library and disconnected. When I tried to open the book on the 350, it said DRM protected. So I reconnected to the computer, navigated to the book on the reader and preview/opened the file using the PC. This worked fine. I disconnected again and all is working OK - I can read the book on the 350. It would be interesting to know what what the problem was?
the_mitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
This is completely untrue. One of the great things about the Sony vs the Kindle is that you can buy books from just about anywhere. Any site that sells in ePub or PDF format plus it also uses several other formats as well.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #15
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Please try not to spread wrong informations! THIS IS BS! Sonys read epubs, lrf's und pdf's from everywhere but B&N.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote