Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #31
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Actually probably a ground, but who's counting?
I don't know if you're referring to the problem with my battery, KindleKitten? I believe it's an electrical short. I need to take my car to a mechanic and get it fixed this winter. Sometime soon... I wonder how much it'll cost me.

We lost our remote control for the cable box when my brother replaced our old school TV with a 50" Samsung Smart TV. Now we have to settle for Netflix or Hulu.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Yes, regarding the car. Shorts tend to make things altogether unusable, while a ground will slowly drain your battery. That is also the reason you are able to jump it.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #33
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, regarding the car. Shorts tend to make things altogether unusable, while a ground will slowly drain your battery. That is also the reason you are able to jump it.
Oh, so it might be a ground. I wonder what it could be? I'll have to talk to my mechanic about it... But first I have to get the driver side power window fixed. It's not working anymore.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #34
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Your mechanic will no doubt get out his handy Metre. If you are having issues with power windows that might be the start of isolating the ground
Old 12-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #35
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Your mechanic will no doubt get out his handy Metre. If you are having issues with power windows that might be the start of isolating the ground
I don't suppose Microsoft support would be much help. Wrong windows.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #36
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Lulz!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #37
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I couldn't get my car battery to start last winter. I was able to jump it, then it died again. My dad came by and added water to the battery and put a charger on it over night. Haven't had a problem since.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
You might be right... There was a time when both front windows weren't working. My mechanic at the time fixed them, but this one window, the front driver side window, I... broke(?) when I kept raising it up and down, up and down 'cause I hadn't done so in weeks.

I'll ask my current mechanic about it... soon, before the winter's over. lol I guess I'll have the short/ground checked then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I don't suppose Microsoft support would be much help. Wrong windows.
No... lol I could Google it though and, in that sense, it'd be of much help! *googling "broke power window on oldie buick"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I couldn't get my car battery to start last winter. I was able to jump it, then it died again. My dad came by and added water to the battery and put a charger on it over night. Haven't had a problem since.
That reminds me... I haven't added water to the battery in a loooooong time.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #39
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Check your battery first before you bring out a container of (distilled) water -- most modern car batteries are sealed.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #40
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Car batteries here in the beautiful Sandwich Isles last three years. Not 35 months or 37 months, THREE YEARS. It doesn't matter if you buy the cheapest K-Mart special or $300 premium battery, it's going to last three years. I'm not quite sure why that is, but it seems to have something to do with not having cold weather.

The local purveyor of batteries, Battery Bill only sells batteries with five year warranties, and he always rebates the last two years of the warranty. It tends to make for repeat business, but it must be a PITA to have to keep shipping those three year old batteries back to the factory.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #41
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I have a Toyota land cruiser with a 10 year old battery, and 2 of those years were sitting in a pasture
Old 12-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #42
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
I have a Toyota land cruiser with a 10 year old battery, and 2 of those years were sitting in a pasture
Don't bring it to Hawaii, the battery would crumble away to nothing!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #43
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Check your battery first before you bring out a container of (distilled) water -- most modern car batteries are sealed.
My battery is old school--it has compartments for the water... thingy.
Quote:
I wish my batteries lasted that long! I don't know how many I've gone through the past ten years.

Happy New Year's Eve, everybody! 'Just had to post this. lol I remember how I was when I was younger... and the hangovers. Scawwy!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 12-31-2014 at 04:00 PM.