Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
US kindle on UK account?

If you bought a kindle from the US (in person rather than shipped international via amazon) and brought it back to the UK, could you tie it to a UK account and use it as normal?

Other than perhaps having to return to US for repairs? Is there any disadvantage to buying a kindle in the US?
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
jermyzy
Enthusiast
jermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura aboutjermyzy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4
I was just about to start a new thread with similar question I live in Canada, but have a US shipping address. If I purchase the new Kindle Touch and ship to my US address, then change my account to Canada, will I still be able to use it normally? Or is it like the Nook where you must have a US address in your account?
jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
If you bought a kindle from the US (in person rather than shipped international via amazon) and brought it back to the UK, could you tie it to a UK account and use it as normal?
Yes, that's no problem at all.

Quote:
Other than perhaps having to return to US for repairs? Is there any disadvantage to buying a kindle in the US?
I'm pretty sure that Amazon UK would repair it for you. Amazon's customer service is outstandingly good.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm pretty sure that Amazon UK would repair it for you. Amazon's customer service is outstandingly good.
That'd be a bonus if so

I'm considering replacing my Hanlin, which I've said in the past I'd only do if colour eInk came out, but at the current kindle prices, the convenience of switching between iPad and eInk with page sync and book sync makes it tempting.

Last edited by JoeD; 09-28-2011 at 12:42 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote