Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"BREAKING BAD" fans in the house?

This show is soooooo amazingly top-notch in its acting, writing, directing, cinematography, and all other aspects. This is the best show on TV right now for my money. Is anyone else watching the new season?? This thing just keeps getting better and better four seasons in, when other shows would start to wane around their third or so.
So how about it - do we have any other fans of this series on the board?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
don't even know what it is
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a recap of the first 3 seasons:

Old 07-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
a brief blurb would work, I'm not going to watch that
Old 07-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I watch it, my husband is a big fan of the show.
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Joonbug1
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
a brief blurb would work, I'm not going to watch that
Then don't. If you wanted a blurb, read the back of a DVD.
The video is for others who are interested, including existing fans of the show. If you're not a fan of the show, then read the title of the thread before commenting, because you're posting in the wrong thread.

NOTE: See, you did in fact say a blurb would work. And on the back of a DVD, you will find a blurb. What's snarky about that when it's a fact? Persecution complex, there, Kitten.

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-25-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Joonbug1
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
What do you think of the new season so far? Wasn't that scene in the season opener, "Box-Cutter" with Gus one of the most intense moments in any recent show?
I'm surprised with the stuff they can get away with in this series since they're not on HBO or Showtime. With all the praise for the acting and writing fully deserved, the cinematography is consistently innovative and stylish.

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
Then don't. If you wanted a blurb, read the back of a DVD.
The video is for others who are interested, including existing fans of the show. If you're not a fan of the show, then read the title of the thread before commenting, because you're posting in the wrong thread, genius.
I asked what it was about. I didn't ask for a video link. all I needed was something along the lines of; sci-fi, sit-com, romantic comedy, lawyers, police drama. I don't need snarky little "read the back of the DVD"
Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Joonbug1
Groupie

Quote:
I asked what it was about. I didn't ask for a video link. all I needed was something along the lines of; sci-fi, sit-com, romantic comedy, lawyers, police drama. I don't need snarky little "read the back of the DVD"
Um, whoa there prima donna, you're assuming I went and found a link to post back here just for you? And not for the fans of the show? In a thread titled "Breaking Bad FANS"...?? Especially as a recap of the the first 3 seasons, as the brand-new season 4 is just starting?
Big ego there.
Also, I'm wondering what happened to you to automatically be interpreting everything as "snark" when you said to give a "blurb," and people who want "blurbs" will always find them on the back of DVDs. Blu-rays too. It's a fact.
LOL
Lighten up, and calm down, or run along before you blow a blood vessel thinking you're being "persecuted" or whatever.
Just saying... Dunno what your deal is.

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

wow! special! welcome to my ignore list
Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
Joonbug1
Groupie

Quote:
LOL... OK, Drama queen. Thanks for derailing the thread just to childishly vent and show off your petty drama.
What the heck just happened there...?
If you wanted to try discussing things rationally and calmly over a Private Message if you detected something in my reply, that would have been alright. But I think you really have some kind of persecution complex.
"Kitten," this is serious advice: Seek professional

Now, moving away from that crazy Drama Queen, and back to the topic of the King of Drama/Comedy Shows: Breaking Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
What do you think of the new season so far? Wasn't that scene in the season opener, "Box-Cutter" with Gus one of the most intense moments in any recent show?
I'm surprised with the stuff they can get away with in this series since they're not on HBO or Showtime. With all the praise for the acting and writing fully deserved, the cinematography is consistently innovative and stylish.

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing last night. I am loving the new season so far, and I am consistently reminded of how great an actor Bryon Cranston is.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Right on KK, don't feed the troll.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Right on KK, don't feed the troll.
yeah that was pretty much out of left field, but thanks for the props!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yup, my first ignore, and I wasn't even involved.

Karma!
Closed Thread