Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Warehouse clubs

My wife and I joined Costco some years ago when the annual fee was something like $20 a year, that's not too bad. We are currently debating the current $50 annual fee, seems a bit excessive in my opinion as I have been struggling to decide what a maximum I will pay per year to shop at Costco is. Sam's Club is currently $40 and BJ's Wholesale (I was a member there at one time is $50). I am questioning the wisdom of paying any of them a yearly fee for shopping at their store.

Waht is your oppinion on the matter?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
The answer depends on how often you shop there and whether you are saving more than $50 over the course of a year by shopping there.

If you shop at the store regularly and save money, then it is worth the fee. Otherwise it isn't.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
It's definitely an individual choice.

We have memberships at both Sam's Club and Costco -- Sam's is more conveniently located but we prefer the choices at Costco -- but we are a family of five with one in diapers (I think the membership fees are paid with the diaper and wipe savings alone. )

There have been years in the past where we have let our memberships lapse and would wait to renew them until we had some big purchase and could get a good deal with them.

Lately we have been renewing automatically, but I think next year we will be re-evaluating our Sam's Club membership again. We do save money when we shop there, but not necessarily enough to justify the fee, especially when we have a membership at Costco too and buy many of the same things (and more) from there.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Good point I primarily shop online with free shipping, I absolutely refuse to go to the store with the internet around the store comes to me not the other way around. I would rather be at home taking care of my family then running to the store for this, that or the other thing it doesn't make sense any more.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote