Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #121
artist123
artist123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, ipad mini
Hi I have just installed Marvin XD for calibre and managed to send all my books to the iPad app.

I have a question which has been posed before but not answered.

All my books in calibre have tags. I am just starting to use Marvin. I would like to automatically assign these tags to Marvin collections. I have created the custom column Marvin collection assignments but these needs to be filled in manually. Is there a way that this uses the same information as tags, or in settings to set collections directly to pull the tags field. Otherwise I need to enter all the tags manually in the new collections column....

thanks!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #122
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by artist123 View Post
All my books in calibre have tags. I am just starting to use Marvin. I would like to automatically assign these tags to Marvin collections. I have created the custom column Marvin collection assignments but these needs to be filled in manually. Is there a way that this uses the same information as tags, or in settings to set collections directly to pull the tags field. Otherwise I need to enter all the tags manually in the new collections column....

Calibre tags are called "Subjects" in Marvin. They are imported automatically. If you don't see them, you might need to tap the pencil icon in Marvin collections and enable subjects to be shown instead of hidden.
Advert
Old 02-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #123
hymie
Enthusiast
hymie began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:super(type, obj): obj must be an instanc

Regarding TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Please open an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker. See issue #1 Creating a new issue, and follow the instructions to create a debug log to include when you create the issue.

G
Was this issue ever created? I couldn't find it, but I don't want to double-create an issue if it's there and I just can't find it.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #124
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymie View Post
Regarding TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Was this issue ever created? I couldn't find it, but I don't want to double-create an issue if it's there and I just can't find it.
There is no issue reporting this problem that I've seen.

G
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #125
hymie
Enthusiast
hymie began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
And of course, as I am attempting to get the steps to recreate the problem, the problem goes away.
Advert
Old 02-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #126
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I recently tried using Marvin XD, but once the pop up came up, it was blank. I updated the plugin to see if that was the issue, but still blank. I have tried this several times with the same result. The last time I used the plugin was a few months ago. It worked fine then.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #127
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@anesthezea, please create an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker, attaching a debug log. You can find instructions for creating a debug log in the first issue 'Creating a new issue'.

G
Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #128
GRiker

Hello MXD users.

I've posted an update of Marvin XD to version 1.2.0. This version has substantial internal changes, plus support for new Marvin features like Ratings and Book notes. Please note that when updating to version 1.2.0, you will also need to update your version of the iOS reader applications plugin to the current version, 1.3.5.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-07-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #129
bhterra
bhterra began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 45
Error when trying to use it with the new version of marvin xd (1.2) with marvin (2.7). I am using iOS reader applications (1.3.5). On mac osx 10.8 and using ios 6

calibre, version 1.27.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'ts_style' referenced before assignment

calibre 1.27 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Sun Sep 29 13:33:47 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.12~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 659, in main_menu_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 1236, in show_installed_books
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1448, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1524, in refresh_custom_columns
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 3626, in _fetch_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 4454, in _get_formatted_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 212, in annotations_to_html
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations", line 155, in to_HTML
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ts_style' referenced before assignment
Old 03-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #130
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhterra View Post
Error when trying to use it with the new version of marvin xd (1.2) with marvin (2.7). I am using iOS reader applications (1.3.5). On mac osx 10.8 and using ios 6

calibre, version 1.27.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'ts_style' referenced before assignment

Spoiler:
calibre 1.27 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Sun Sep 29 13:33:47 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.12~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 659, in main_menu_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 1236, in show_installed_books
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1448, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1524, in refresh_custom_columns
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 3626, in _fetch_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 4454, in _get_formatted_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 212, in annotations_to_html
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations", line 155, in to_HTML
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ts_style' referenced before assignment
I've posted an update of MXD to version 1.2.1 to correct the typo causing that crash. Please update and try again.

G
Old 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #131
bhterra
bhterra began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 45
1.2.1 seems to fix the error, thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #132
kbaker04
kbaker04 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Hi, I am on Ver1.2.1 and I cannot update the metadata from Calibre to my Marvin on the iMini

This is the error I am getting
calibre, version 1.27.0
Results: <p>Error communicating with Marvin while executing <tt>_update_marvin_metadata</tt> command.</p><p>Click <b>Show details</b> for more information.</p>

[3423e4cd-eb71-4896-a61f-38bf6203f704.epub] Cannot locate book to update metadata - skipping.

Confused why this is coming up but I think it is due them being organised into folders in Marvin, how do I work around?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #133
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaker04 View Post
Hi, I am on Ver1.2.1 and I cannot update the metadata from Calibre to my Marvin on the iMini

This is the error I am getting
calibre, version 1.27.0
Results: <p>Error communicating with Marvin while executing <tt>_update_marvin_metadata</tt> command.</p><p>Click <b>Show details</b> for more information.</p>

[3423e4cd-eb71-4896-a61f-38bf6203f704.epub] Cannot locate book to update metadata - skipping.

Confused why this is coming up but I think it is due them being organised into folders in Marvin, how do I work around?
Can you be more specific about what you mean by your books being organized into folders in Marvin? Have you reorganized Marvin's Documents folder?

G
Old 03-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #134
kbaker04
kbaker04 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Hi, sorry for the confusion. My partner has put her books into collections in Marvin to organise them and it seems only the uncollected books will update.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #135
GRiker

I need more information to figure out what's going on. Please create an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker, and I'll help you track down the problem.

G
Closed Thread