Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
FlooseMan Dave
FlooseMan Dave began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5 32GB/Android - Aldiko
Looking For MHT Input Conversion Plugin

Is there an input conversion plugin available for a file with an MHT extension? It appears to be another flavor of file that IE can open, but Calibre does not currently recognize it. Would an MHT plugin be forthcoming or would it be easier to just change the extension to HTM?

FlooseMan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
An MHT is an archive format that can contain many other files, so it will not be possible to simply rename it to HTM. I do not know if there are tools for decomposing this back into the contained files so it can be treated as HTML again.

There is the unMHT extension for FireFox that allows MHT files to be loaded so the basic archive format is udnerstood.

Last edited by itimpi; 03-30-2010 at 04:05 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You might try http://www.danielpedigo.com/mhtml-converter/. The author claims
Quote:
The MHTML Converter was designed to take a batch of *.mht files and convert them all in to standard html files with any embedded pictures extracted. Not only will the newly created content look just like it did in Internet Explorer, but it will now work in any web browser.
I have no idea if it works.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Try this,
Open the mht in IE, 'save as' 'web page complete' NOT single-file.
You should get a folder and an html file with the same name.
Add folder and html file to a zip file.
Drag zip file into Calibre.
Convert zip to epub etc.

If you have huge numbers to convert it will get boring. For odd ones it is OK.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
FlooseMan Dave
FlooseMan Dave began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5 32GB/Android - Aldiko
chaley, I have that utility on my desktop and I will be looking to use it soon since I have something like 6 files to convert. This outta be fun.

banjomike, I tried the 'save as' option and it worked to perfection. Like you said, for the one-fer's, it is a very good technique.

Thanks one and all. Question answered!
FlooseMan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert