Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Help wanted on created a plugboard formula for date

I use calibre to update data to my releases.dearauthor.com site and as I was entering books today, I realized that some of my fields could easily be populated by a column from other columns, but I lack the knowledge on how to figure this out.

I'd be happy to pay someone to do this for me but essentially what I want to do is create a plugboard formula that takes the date published and populates another field called pub month. Therefore, if a book is published on August 13, 2013, the pub month field becomes 2013-Aug or something akin to that.

Can anyone help a girl out?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I use calibre to update data to my releases.dearauthor.com site and as I was entering books today, I realized that some of my fields could easily be populated by a column from other columns, but I lack the knowledge on how to figure this out.

I'd be happy to pay someone to do this for me but essentially what I want to do is create a plugboard formula that takes the date published and populates another field called pub month. Therefore, if a book is published on August 13, 2013, the pub month field becomes 2013-Aug or something akin to that.

Can anyone help a girl out?
If that is all, No need for a custom column
Preferences: Tweaks:

find the "# Control how dates are displayed" tweak in the List
set this one as shown

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy-MMM'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I still want to keep my regular date column so it looks like I need to build a column from a column and I used {pubdate:format_date(yy-MMM)}

Thanks for the lead. That was helpful.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote