Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Aren't the highlighted parts stored as images rather than text?
Sorry I missed your note. Have been so busy I haven't made it back to this forum in a while. To answer your question, the highlighted text is just saved as text. If you save more than the note you get some context but there's a lot of clutter there sometimes.

I don't have a clue where the annotations are saved. I don't use them at all. If I recall correctly, they are lost if you're at any other zoom level than the one you created them in. Pretty useless if you ask me. So I just stick to highlighting.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
In PB603, and hopefully all models, annotations are saved as .svg files, vector graphics files associated with .png captured pages.
The path is:
<yourPB>/system/config/Active Contents/<bookname_<hexID>.files/

With Inkscape or The Gimp you could merge .png files and .svg annotations in a single image, for instance.

That's right, if you change zoom level they're not displayed during reading, but since the're correctly displayed on TOC, I think it's only a not yet fully implemented feature.

Edit:
To think of it, being Vector images, there's no way to adapt annotations after zoom of text due to reflowing of paragraphs. Forget it.

Last edited by preempalver; 10-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
But I think for a 200 EUR device you should at least include free shipping within your country, which is Germany I believe.
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote