Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Everyone - I'm pretty sure I posted everywhere that the price for Rottweiler Rescue would be going up to $2.99 when Amazon's new 70% royalty took effect. As it happens, that's not true. Until I can get B&N to either change the price on their website or take the book down, I can't meet Amazon's terms as to not having the book listed elsewhere cheaper. The book is distributed to B&N through Smashwords, and although the price is changed on SW, getting B&N to do anything may take so long it will be my heirs finishing the fight.

In the meantime, the book has passed a few milestones. It has sold over 1,000 Kindle copies (the 1,000 mark was passed a while ago, but that was for ebooks and paperbacks). The 40th review has been posted on Amazon (thirty 5-star and ten 4-star). And The Rottweiler Magazine, the national magazine for the breed I mentioned before did published a very nice quarter-page mention featuring an image of the cover and all the information I sent them.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...8821263&sr=1-1

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10613
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Oooh, I love mysteries with dogs - I'm off to buy it now! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Update: bought it at B&N - same price. I prefer their app on my iPad. I'm looking forward to reading it and will post a review when I'm done.

Last edited by steph_g; 07-11-2010 at 03:56 PM.
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been a little slow to update this thread - in July Rottweiler Rescue received a nice review from The Cajun Book Lady, which is posted here:

http://www.thecajunbooklady.com/search/label/mystery

and another from The Rottweiler Chronicle, a online breed magazine. Between the two July was a good month with double the usual number of paperbacks sold.

For anyone who might enjoy a mystery set in the world of dog rescue, the book, which now has 42 reviews, 32 five-star and 10 four-star, is available for Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...1067812&sr=8-3

as a paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...1067812&sr=8-4

and on Smashwords in formats for other ereaders:

Old 08-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
ellenoc
Author

As of today, Amazon has discounted Rottweiler Rescue from its regular price of $2.99 to $2.39 - 20%. Since this discount is to match the price at Kobo Books, and Kobo shouldn't be selling the book at all, I have no idea how long this discount will be in effect, but if there are any bargain hunters out there who would be interested in an amateur female sleuth mystery set in the world of dog rescue, now would be a good time to look at this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...2344484&sr=8-4

And of course, until I can get them to take it down, if you would like an ePub version, it is available at the discounted price at Kobo:

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...20o%27connell&
Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
ellenoc
Author

Since my romance has been the "hot" one of my two books lately, I've been rather neglecting Rottweiler Rescue, my first beloved child, so to speak. So today I'm going to post to RR's threads. For anyone who enjoys dog mysteries such as those by Susan Conant and Laurien Berenson, RR would be worth sampling. It's a mystery set in the world of dog rescue and features a gutsy female amateur sleuth, Dianne Brennan.

My plan is to have a Rottweiler mystery series, of course. My second romance, Sing My Name, should be finished and published before the end of the year, and then I am going to turn my full attention to completing Rottweiler Railroad, the second Rottweiler mystery, which is already outlined and has 3 chapters completed.

Rottweiler Rescue is available at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

and at Smashwords:

Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm very glad you're going to write a second Rottweiler mystery
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
ellenoc
Author

Hi everyone,

My good news is that writing about Rottweilers resulted in an offer to write a non-fiction book on the subject of the breed from a traditional publisher. The bad news is that if we come to an agreement and I accept that offer, it will delay the second book in my Rottweiler mystery series, Rottweiler Railroad, 4 to 6 months. Decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, Rottweiler Railroad is available for Kindle on Amazon (also available in paperback for Luddites and gift givers) here:

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...0539824&sr=8-4

and on Smashwords here:

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ellen O'Connell
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #23
ellenoc
Author

Woo hoo! Rottweiler Rescue is the #1 Runner Up mystery of 2010 on Red Adept's blog:
http://redadeptreviews.com/

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...3853418&sr=8-3

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10613
Old 03-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
ellenoc
Author

I really meant to post in February on the one-year anniversary of the ebook release of Rottweiler Rescue and of my indie publishing venture, but of course that date slipped by. I notice, however, that tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my first post in this thread (which used to be a different thread until everything was reorganized).

So - this is an anniversary post after all, and here I am one year after releasing my first book, with three up on Amazon and working on the 4th - the second in the Rottweiler mystery series - which should be released sometime in June.

All 3 of my books are available at half their usual $2.99 price this week on Smashwords. Rottweiler Rescue is:

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...9791740&sr=8-2

Last edited by ellenoc; 03-10-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
GREAT! Thank you, I'll be waiting for your new book in the Rottweiler mystery series!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #26
ellenoc
Author

Today, I found one of my favorite authors has a new book out. The author is Susan Conant and her cozy mystery series featuring amateur sleuth Holly Winter and her malamutes has long been my favorite dog mystery series. While my own Rottweiler Rescue is different in tone and approach, one of the reasons for writing a dog mystery was the hours of pleasure I have had from reading dog mysteries, not only from Ms. Conant but also from Laurien Berenson (poodles) and other authors.

And on the listing for the new Susan Conant mystery, Rottweiler Rescue is shown as first among the "Customers Who Bought This Also Bought" and is offered in one of Amazon's buy these two books together deals with the new Conant book! I am jumping up and down. Seeing that really made me feel very good.

Last edited by ellenoc; 06-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I love Susan Conant! I bought your book because her books are among the "dog mysteries" that I enjoy so much. (Still in my TBR pile, unfortunately.)

How fun that your book is featured with one of hers!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #28
ellenoc
Author

My day started off with a pleasant surprise today. Daily Cheap Reads is going to feature Rottweiler Rescue (along with other books featuring dogs prominently) tomorrow. The email said it would be up at noon Central Time and would be the top book for 2 hours.

Even though DCR doesn't feature primarily indie books, I'm sure a lot of you who come to this site keep an eye out for good deals there, and I'm excited to see what happens.

Rottweiler Rescue is available from Amazon for Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

If there are any closet paperback readers here, it's also available on Amazon in paperback form.

And on Smashwords:

It's also distributed to the Smashwords outlets such as Sony, Kobo, and Apple, and of course B&N:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/rott...cue?store=book
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #29
ellenoc
Author

I can't resist updating this thread today - because today is the two-year anniversary of the start of my indie publishing career, and it all started with the upload of Rottweiler Rescue, a finished novel that had won the mystery division of the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers annual contest and attracted interest of agents and editors but had also made me realize I didn't want to pursue traditional publishing.

I did that upload without the trepidation that affects a lot of indies but without much expectation either. Selling a few copies would be better than letting the book rot on my computer hard drive.

As it turned out that was a decision that changed my whole life for the better. I'm now working on a sequel to Rottweiler Rescue, admittedly belatedly as I got distracted by my romance novels. But I am determined to get that sequel, Rottweiler Railroad, out soon and not to be diverted again.

Tags
amateur sleuth, cozy mystery, dog mystery, female sleuths, women sleuths