Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 01-25-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
DjVu Reader V0.1 for Sony Librie released

Sony Librie owners can now download the first DjVu-compatible e-book reader for their reading device. DjVu (pronounced "déjà vu") is an open format designed to store scanned images and documents. Compared to other formats such as JPG or PDF, it offers better compression ratios while still preserving crisp and legible text. You can read more on DjVu here.

Update: arivero, the gifted programmer of DjVu Reader, lives among us and for some inexplicable reason we totally missed his prior announcement. Sorry 'bout that.

[via Make Blog]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Dunstan
[via Make Blog]
Out of respect by mobileread.com , I also announced the "shipment" here in the "Current Librie" thread.

Early adopters should seriusly think about editing the bash scripts, lbchoose and lbdjbrowse. In the first one they should put some kind of menu to choose which book they want to launch. In the second, they should echo the $PAGE into some file /tmp/mnt/page$BOOK.aux (note that $BOOK lives in the same directory by default) and cat this file on startup, so they will not need to advance again from page 1 (a painful process). Also, if the diode blink is drstracting you, simply sleep a little more before killing the sony-libro processes.

It is serious that we need some hint about the keyboard controller chip or the LBSubcpu program, because if I kill this program I get a delayed repetition of the previously pressed key, and it takes a couple seconds to empty the buffer. Obviously I need to know how to reprogram the controller, or at least how to kill smoothly the LBSubCpu.

I welcome improvements in the script. Lets see if we can launch a 0.2 update next week.

Last edited by arivero; 01-25-2006 at 08:38 AM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Oups, sorry! I updated my post. Feel free to start a new thread if you have a major annoucement such as this one.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote