Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #91
Cheyanne
Cheyanne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
I am running XP. So it works for the Kindle but not the Kindle Fire? Is there no way to put my books on the Fire then? Do I have to upgrade Windows to Windows 7? Sorry for all the questions, I'm getting frustrated with this Kindle Fire! Thanks for your quick reply!!
Cheyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #93
Cheyanne
Cheyanne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Thanks itimpi for your help. I searched MTP support and found a link to Microsoft download center and downloaded a Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit. I also updated Media center to the newest one. The Porting kit changed the way the Kindle shows in "my computer" and now I can just open it to the book folder and it lets me copy my mobi files with no problem. Here's the MS site for the download for anyone else with Windows XP having problems with the Kindle Fire.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=19153

Thanks for the help. I hope it help someone else.
Cheyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #94
officersusie
officersusie began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
i dont understand calibre and my kindle fire

Please, someone help. I have windows xp, amazon said i had to update my windows media player to 11 in order for my computer to read my kindle device and it would allow calibre to read it as well. No luck!! I've done everything I could find in the forums. Half the stuff i dont even understand or know what it means, from debugging etc. I am computer illiterate and need step by step help getting my calibre 9.11 to detect my kindle fire. Can someone please please help...my favorite Christmas gift is turning into a nightmare : (
officersusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #95
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You need to rid yourself of XP, it does not support MTP properly.

I believe Media Player 9 Media player 11 is the last you can install on XP . Som devices work, but there are severe relibility issues, so Calibre does not allow Calibre to use a problematic function) You are stuck if you want to connect calibre via USB.

A 2 step process might work if the device shows up in Explorer

Save to a Windows (desktop) folder. THEN
Drag and drop into the Kindle folder
(XP is over 12 years old , we might not like it, but things do move on)

Last edited by theducks; 12-29-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Corrected WMP version, added notes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #96
profjojo
profjojo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Works with my FIRE!

Kovid, you never cease to amaze me. three years ago you saved my sanity when I got my Kindle DX and now you have done it again with my new Fire. Project Gutenberg was exclaiming all over their home page that there was no point buying the Fire because it would prevent us from reading its MOBI versions of public domain books. A quick click of "send to Device" and I am reading all my Gutenberg texts. I LOVE CALIBRE!!!
profjojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player 11, mtp