Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Anyone here doing Sony Rewards for eBookstore credit?

I recently found out about Sony's Rewards program where you can earn points daily by answering a couple easy question about Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy/etc. I went ahead and signed up for their credit card to get the 5,000 points offer ($50, enough for a free case for my new Sony) and expect to make about $4 in < 10 minutes weekly. Anyone else doing this? It's been around for a few years and apparently you can make about $200/year with a minimum effort.

I'm planning on spending the points on eBooks (should be enough for me since I like to read classics as well) and possible saving up for a new Sony in a few years (presumably there will be something even better out!).

Last edited by Kralik; 12-04-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I believe rebarnmom is our resident expert. I'll leave her a message to check in here.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I got the Sony credit card back when they offered a PRS500 for $50, if you signed up for the credit card!

I use it as I would use any credit card normally - and I'll admit I forget to do the games more often than not. I recently used my SonyRewards to "buy" a $100 giftcard for the ebookstore.

It's the only way I can justify buying the Agency price-fixed books.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
My Mom just used her Sony Points to purchase a PRS350. Cost her 12,000 points and $39.95. She does not have the Sony Credit Card. I found out that without being a Sony Card Holder, you have to have more than 10,000 points in order to use them all at once for a purchase, less than that and only a percentage can be applied... Having the Card removes this restriction.
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Having the card also gives you a 10-15% discount on everything but gift cards. I was kicking myself for missing a promotion back in November... for about two weeks, you could sign up and get 20,000 points ($200!). That's a free reader!
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
sachinwalia
Connoisseur
sachinwalia began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle SO
I just used my sonyrewards points to get free PRS 650 and 350. The bad thing is now they have started charging sales tax.
sachinwalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I recently found out about Sony's Rewards program where you can earn points daily by answering a couple easy question about Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy/etc. I went ahead and signed up for their credit card to get the 5,000 points offer ($50, enough for a free case for my new Sony) and expect to make about $4 in < 10 minutes weekly. Anyone else doing this? It's been around for a few years and apparently you can make about $200/year with a minimum effort.

I'm planning on spending the points on eBooks (should be enough for me since I like to read classics as well) and possible saving up for a new Sony in a few years (presumably there will be something even better out!).
I just cashed in 10,100 points that I put towards $100 credit in the Sony Bookstore. It took me until just recently to reach that amount of points. The program is much better for those who have the Sony Credit card. I don't. Without being a cad holder, it's more complicated redeeming the points as well. For example, if I had enough points for a $50 ebookstore coupon (or 5,000 points) they would only put 500 pts. I've earned towards this. You have to redeem your points for something over 10,000 pts. to be able to use an unlimited amount of your points. This is not a restriction if you are a card holder.

In the last couple of months, they have reduced the number of ways to earn points and the number of points you can earn through the different Sony Rewards Clubs. For Sony Card holders this is a great program. For the rest of us, it's becoming less so. You need to check on points expiration. For card holders, I don't know if the points expire, but for the rest of us, the points we've earned expire at the end of the year and we have until March 31st to redeem them or we lose them. It's in the fine print. I got burned the first year I participated, losing almost 5,000 points, not that I could've got much for them. So, I would just caution you to read the terms and the fine print, so you won't be disappointed, like I was and someone else on this forum was.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Kralik
Guru

They are now offering 10,000 points for new card signups. Should I post in the deals forum? The PRS-350 was 13,499 last week and will probably be on sale again. By that point I expect someone could get it for free!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
The URL is www.sonyrewards.com

Last edited by doreenjoy; 12-09-2010 at 03:55 AM.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote