Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #511
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I use this plugin just about every day. I really love it. I just had a question in regards to the A03 (archive of our own) archive. There is a field for relationships but I can't figure out how to get that relationship field from the archive into my relationship custom column in Calibre. I was hoping maybe someone found a work around?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #512
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FFDL collects a list of characters, but not a separate one for 'ships. The AO3 adapter adds the relation tags to the characters list.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #513
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFDL collects a list of characters, but not a separate one for 'ships. The AO3 adapter adds the relation tags to the characters list.
So that's a negative? I'm not sure where to find the A03 adapter option in this plugin?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #514
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Amalthia - FFDL can't put relationships in a custom column for you, no. It knows about categories, genres and characters, but not relationships.

There is a different piece of code called an 'adapter' that reads each of the 50+ web sites FFDL supports.

Some of those 50 sites put 'ship in category or genre, but AO3 is the only one I know of that has 'ship as a specific, separate metadatum. As a compromise, the FFDL adapter for AO3 puts the 'ships listed in the characters list.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #515
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Amalthia - FFDL can't put relationships in a custom column for you, no. It knows about categories, genres and characters, but not relationships.

There is a different piece of code called an 'adapter' that reads each of the 50+ web sites FFDL supports.

Some of those 50 sites put 'ship in category or genre, but AO3 is the only one I know of that has 'ship as a specific, separate metadatum. As a compromise, the FFDL adapter for AO3 puts the 'ships listed in the characters list.
I figured it must be something like that. I know someone that modified the code to work with A03 but afterwards the other sites didn't quite work right...luckily I use A03 99.9% of the time. The downside of using her code is that I think she stopped updating it.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #516
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I'm not sure anyone else has had this problem. But ever since this morning, the story id for any story I download or update has been showing up in the Character column. It only seems to occur with fanfiction.net. Although, I only tried it with ksarchive.com as well.

It is slightly annoying because it then shows up in the generated cover. This means I have to delete the unwanted id and then re-generate the cover.

I'm not sure what I did to cause this. I just started using the generate cover feature on this plugin. I also updated calibre. But if no one else is having this problem, I'm not sure those are the reason.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #517
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I didn't notice it, but that is a new bug from Yet Another change to the ffnet site. Fix coming shortly.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #518
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.5.42 - 06 Jul 2012
Fix for latest fanfiction.net change to prevent id:12345 appearing as a character.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #519
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

You certainly are fast. And that fixed the id problem. Thanks.

Now though, I seem to be having trouble with generating a cover with all the data I want in it. For some reason, new stories do not put the characters into the cover while an updated story does.

I'm not sure which plugin I should refer to (FFDL or GC) for this problem.

A shortened list of the custom text from GC includes:

Fandom: {#fandom}
{#character:|Characters: |}
Complete: {#done}
{#genre:|Genre: |}

Genre still shows on the cover so it is not because of the different phrasing.

I have included a picture of the cover of a story that was already in my booklist that I updated a few minutes ago. There is also a picture of a story I just added, missing the Characters from the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	updated story.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	88819   Click image for larger version

Name:	new story.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	88820  
Old 07-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #520
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
How are you making your covers like that?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #521
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
How are you making your covers like that?
I'm using the Generate Custom Cover plugin. I use very generic settings.

1) In the Contents section I select everything but the image. (Although, I'm thinking of adding a small picture in the blank space).
2) In the custom text I fill in what metadata I want on the cover. (I use the format {#columnname:|Columnname: |} to ensure that a line does not get added when there is no metadata.
3) In the Dimensions, I set the border to 3 to give a nice black outline
4) On the fonts tab, I adjusted the font sizes.
5) I chose a background color and then chose a fill color so my text went well with the background color.

All my epubs are fanfics from various sites and unless the site hade a cover, I've decided to color code according to site.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #522
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Jade Aislin - I can't duplicate your problem with characters metadata.

I'm able to set characters to a custom column in FFDL and have it appear correctly in the GC'ed cover on both new stories and updates.

GC has a feature now to export a settings set. Maybe if you post your settings I can spot the problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #523
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Strangely enough, the problem only occurs when I have FFDL automactically add a cover to a new book. If I use the GC plugin after I have the book, I have no problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fanficnet.zip (734 Bytes, 131 views)
Old 07-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #524
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
Strangely enough, the problem only occurs when I have FFDL automactically add a cover to a new book. If I use the GC plugin after I have the book, I have no problem.
I had to change it a bit since I don't have the same custom columns you do, but it continues to work fine for me on new stories.

If it were something to do with saving the custom columns, I would expect it to effect the other columns, too.

If you manually change the contents of the #characters column for a story and then Update Always, does the cover show the characters you changed it to, or the ones collected from the site?

What is the type of your #character column?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #525
Jade Aislin
Groupie

Whenever I updated a story, there didn't seem to be a problem.

However, I think I may have found part of my problem. I actually have two character columns because I was going to group the characters based on fandoms and then use a composite column to view the characters.

#character is the composite column that behaves like tags. my code: {#character1:subitems(-1,0)}
#character1 is a 'comma seperated text, like tags, shown in browser column'

I have the FFDL set to send characters to the #character1 and that was the one I meant to use for GC. I switched that over and grabbed a new story and it seemed to work.

However, I would like to use the composite column at a later date. Once I consolidate my libraries so that I don't have random columns that I forget about.

I'm wondering if GC had trouble with the composite column. Did calibre need to read the #character1 column before populating the #character one? That's the only reason I could think that I would have trouble with new books, but not ones already in my library.
Closed Thread