Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Market working on IQ!

Merry Christmas everyone (well, better late than never!)

I got the Market working on the IQ! I have one last issue to solve and I will post how to do it right here.

I should be able to give the rundown tomorrow.

It has been an epic struggle but that was all worth it.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Wow ! Chapeau !

We are waiting with great impatience for your How To, but in advance thanks for your perseverance !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Once again, the power of entrepreneurship is rewarded. Karma for you!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Great news!

Let's hope this hard work pays out and works also with the 'promised' December Froyo update....

We are gonna need a new vending.apk (for Froyo) for that but plenty to find on the net

Can't wait to try it tomorrow after our family dinner tonight .

Happy Christmas everyone!
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone! it has been pretty challenging but it was a fun challenge.

Now, Market get stuck on downloads but I know it is Google Talk's fault I just need to fix that and we should be good to go.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
excellent news Icewyng
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Icewyng
Addict

Success! I finally got market, Gtalk & Gmail working!

I'll post the instructions later today.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Victory, at last ! Splendid!

Comme on dit chez nous, lâche pas la patate (de l'acadien figure toi ;-))

I will be waiting all night if I shall, I am so delighted, you have no idea ! plenty of K going your way to keep you warm (how cold is it "up there" ? Montreal I presume ?)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Fantastic news, it shall be one of the first things to 'mod' on my new IQ!
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Victory, at last ! Splendid!

Comme on dit chez nous, lâche pas la patate (de l'acadien figure toi ;-))

I will be waiting all night if I shall, I am so delighted, you have no idea ! plenty of K going your way to keep you warm (how cold is it "up there" ? Montreal I presume ?)
No, Quebec City.... and we have lots of snow, cold and winter fun

I am trying to get everything organized so it will be easy to understand. First of all, I only did research and regrouped the information to be able to achieve this. Credit should go to NookDevs, clockworx over at Slatedroid & many users in XDA-Developers for their knowledge and wisdom.

The first thing you should do is go get the Android SDK and set it up and install it as presented here. Since you will need ADB (Android debug bridge), that is important.

Also, I am assuming you have a rooted unit already and that USB debugging is on.

First, go get this file: This file

Second, you will need to get a google ID number from an emulator, as shown Here.

Next, you will need to ADB the files to the IQ:

adb remount
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
adb shell push /(The directory where you unzip the file) /system
adb shell chmod 777 /system/build.prop /system/app/* /system/lib/* /system/framework/* /system/etc/permissions/*
adb shell chown system.system /system/build.prop /system/app/* /system/lib/* /system/framework/* /system/etc/permissions/*
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
adb shell reboot

and set up Google Talk first!!! very important! and open Market after setting GTalk.

I am doing this by heart but it should work. If you have questions, let me know! I realize it might be very easy but I will try to find a way to make it easier.

If anything goes wrong, just do a factory reset and start over and don't forget....backup your stuff first if possible!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-27-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: corrections + spelling
Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
That's great, Icewyng!
I really appreciate your patient efforts for it.
Can't wait to try it now~

By the way, one of the links does not work. Could you check it out for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Second, you will need to get a google ID number from an emulator, as shown Here.
Enjoy!

I'm a kind of novice in ADB thing. But now I'm feeling that I have to spare my time to study it.

EDIT:
Ah.. I found the reason.
The 'http:' is written twice for the link. Now, I'm okay with it.

Last edited by katzki; 12-26-2010 at 06:28 PM.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #12
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

difficult... and stuck..

Icewyng, I'm following your method step by step as is written but got stuck somewhere. I succeeded to get an androidID number from the emulator. But after connecting to my IQ, it cannot identify IQ as an anroid device. The usb debugging mode is definitely on.

One thing suspicious is that the 'installing Anroid device message' which I always fail to install as it cannot find any installing software. (or 'insert disc' thing) What do you think is my problem?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Icewyng, I'm following your method step by step as is written but got stuck somewhere. I succeeded to get an androidID number from the emulator. But after connecting to my IQ, it cannot identify IQ as an anroid device. The usb debugging mode is definitely on.

One thing suspicious is that the 'installing Anroid device message' which I always fail to install as it cannot find any installing software. (or 'insert disc' thing) What do you think is my problem?
you need to manually install the USB driver. You can download the USB driver with the SDK (under available packages), after that manually load the driver, windows can't auto find/install even if you locate the correct folder so do it manually. After that you're good to go.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:29 AM   #14
katzki
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
you need to manually install the USB driver. You can download the USB driver with the SDK (under available packages), after that manually load the driver, windows can't auto find/install even if you locate the correct folder so do it manually. After that you're good to go.
I downloaded the USB driver and now I see usb_driver folder in my ADK. It contains two folders: amd64 and i386. Both contain several *.dll files. Now, what should I do to load the driver?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #15
RezzZ
Connoisseur

go to your device manager (rightclick my computer -> select manage -> select devicemanager)
locate the unknown device or something like that and update the driver from there

edit: ohh and use the amd64 folder if you've got a 64bit windows, otherwise use the other