Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
valcho
Enthusiast
valcho is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook Lite
Edge's size/weight ratio compare to paper books

Hi,

It looks Edge's size/weight ratio is not very different from the paper books, see for example this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-P...9101229&sr=1-4

* Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.6 x 1.1 inches
* Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
valcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Weight

Right, I'm a student and typically carry 5 textbooks a day - in a rolling backpack. Some of them are too heavy to hold and read comfortably. What a joy it will be to have all my books in one package that weighs around 3 pounds. I can't wait for the textbook section to open.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Of course the book in that example is 666 pages....

pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I know some think physics is evil, but that book only has 616 pages, not 666.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Some of the programming ebooks that I would want to use the eDGe for come in over 900 pages and are pretty heavy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert