Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #106
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh View Post
I found the same things as Cris. Changing the device position seems to queue a flip request but the move does not happen until you push a button. I also found if you change the device position a couple times and then do something that makes the device busy for an extended period (change font size in Fbreader) then several flips happen in sequence, almost like the reader had queued the requests but was unable to process them until something else happened. Could there be an issue with how a work queue is processed?
Quite possible. We'll have to check that!

NB: It is quite normal that the PBs do not react instantly when not used for a while, even if you have been reading. You might have to reawake your device by touching the screen or turning a page if it doesn't rotate instantly. Cris' problem seems a little more involved.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 06-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #107
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm

I know I'm new to this, so forgive the ignorance but I hadn't realised books could be grouped into folders...

It's not mentioned anywhere, certainly not in the manual ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #108
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mmmm

I know I'm new to this, so forgive the ignorance but I hadn't realised books could be grouped into folders...

It's not mentioned anywhere, certainly not in the manual ....
The manual is extremely basic. Creating folders is really easy and makes the bookshelf file system a brilliant thing.

I create most of my folders using my PC, because it just takes too long on the device itself. Some people use Calibre to organise their books, but I like to do mine manually.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #109
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
The manual is extremely basic. Creating folders is really easy and makes the bookshelf file system a brilliant thing.

I create most of my folders using my PC, because it just takes too long on the device itself. Some people use Calibre to organise their books, but I like to do mine manually.
I use Calibre to organise, and then manually tweek my Gen3 entries. Cool that the same is possible on the 302....
Old 06-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #110
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I use Calibre to organise, and then manually tweek my Gen3 entries. Cool that the same is possible on the 302....
You can create, rename and delete folders on the device and even move, delete and rename books
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #111
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
You can create, rename and delete folders on the device and even move, delete and rename books

and get awfully confused about what should be on and where and how it all relates. !

I've dropped in the fbreader180 as suggested, but I can see no change/difference to what was there before. !
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #112
zensun
zensun began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Quite possible. We'll have to check that!

NB: It is quite normal that the PBs do not react instantly when not used for a while, even if you have been reading. You might have to reawake your device by touching the screen or turning a page if it doesn't rotate instantly. Cris' problem seems a little more involved.
I just received my Pocketbook 302 today and have noticed a similar issue. The rotating only occurs when the light is on.

Can you provide a link to where I can download the latest firmware? Maybe it's fixed in that... I'm on D.302.15.1.

A couple other issues:

1) The glare on the screen is worse than I expected. I thought I read that these now shipped with a matte film that can be put over the screen to reduce glare, but I didn't get one. I ordered from pocketbook-shop.de.

2) The eject mechanism for the micro SD doesn't work. When inserting, I can feel a spring resistance up until fully inserted, and the card is detected and works, but it won't eject. I need to use tweasers to pull it out. Am I doing something wrong in inserting it, or is this just faulty and in need of return?
zensun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #113
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensun View Post
2) The eject mechanism for the micro SD doesn't work. When inserting, I can feel a spring resistance up until fully inserted, and the card is detected and works, but it won't eject. I need to use tweasers to pull it out. Am I doing something wrong in inserting it, or is this just faulty and in need of return?
I tried tweezers, and felt enough resistance that I didn't want to jeopardize the device. If I had known that it was a semi-permanent installation, I would have put a 16GB card in there.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #114
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I tried tweezers, and felt enough resistance that I didn't want to jeopardize the device. If I had known that it was a semi-permanent installation, I would have put a 16GB card in there.
No tweazers please. Try pushing the card gently in (when inserted) and it will pop out.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #115
zensun
zensun began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
No tweazers please. Try pushing the card gently in (when inserted) and it will pop out.
I'm afraid that doesn't work. When I first insert it, it went so far down that I couldn't press it any further to try and pop it out - I had to use the stylus to give it a go. So I can only guess this isn't working as it should.

About the rotating - I've updated the software to 15.2, and initial tests seem to have it working properly. The green light comes back on when I rotate the PB, and the screen then updates.

Back to the glare - you posted this a couple weeks ago, so I went ahead and purchased from the de store (I like in the UK). But my PB didn't come with a foil to put on the screen. How do I go about getting it?

Many thanks,
zensun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #116
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
and get awfully confused about what should be on and where and how it all relates. !

I've dropped in the fbreader180 as suggested, but I can see no change/difference to what was there before. !
You can do two things.
Simple:
This way you replace the built-in fbreader
  1. unzip the downloaded fbreader
  2. find fbreader180.app and rename it to fbreader.app
  3. put it to the R:\system\bin directory, where R: is the letter assigned to you reader.
  4. unconnected the reader.
If you want to put the device to the original state, just delete the R:\system\bin\fbreader.app file and the device will use the original one
--------------------------------------------------

More complicated:
  1. read and try to understand this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865
  2. unzip the downloaded fbreader
  3. find fbreader180.app
  4. put fbreader180.app to the R:\system\bin directory, where R: is the letter assigned to you reader.
  5. find extensions.cfg file in archive, try to understand it, copy it to R:\system\config directory
  6. unconnected the reader.
now you can use both versions of fbreader
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #117
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensun View Post
I'm afraid that doesn't work. When I first insert it, it went so far down that I couldn't press it any further to try and pop it out - I had to use the stylus to give it a go. So I can only guess this isn't working as it should.

About the rotating - I've updated the software to 15.2, and initial tests seem to have it working properly. The green light comes back on when I rotate the PB, and the screen then updates.

Back to the glare - you posted this a couple weeks ago, so I went ahead and purchased from the de store (I like in the UK). But my PB didn't come with a foil to put on the screen. How do I go about getting it?

Many thanks,
PM please
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #118
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You can do two things.
Simple:
This way you replace the built-in fbreader
  1. unzip the downloaded fbreader
  2. find fbreader180.app and rename it to fbreader.app
  3. put it to the R:\system\bin directory, where R: is the letter assigned to you reader.
  4. unconnected the reader.
If you want to put the device to the original state, just delete the R:\system\bin\fbreader.app file and the device will use the original one
--------------------------------------------------

More complicated:
  1. read and try to understand this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865
  2. unzip the downloaded fbreader
  3. find fbreader180.app
  4. put fbreader180.app to the R:\system\bin directory, where R: is the letter assigned to you reader.
  5. find extensions.cfg file in archive, try to understand it, copy it to R:\system\config directory
  6. unconnected the reader.
now you can use both versions of fbreader
Thank you ......

It seems I was trying to do a bit of both the simple and the complicated.
Your instructions were the clarity I needed .....
Old 06-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #119
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
That's something that ought to be a bit easier in newer devices. It works properly in my pb360, but I have very short nails so I must push it in with a tooth
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #120
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Is there a way to make all epubs open with FBReader without doing an Open With on each individual book?

I dont like how the default Adobe reader doesnt let me have any control over typefaces or text size.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote