Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #16
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Strange... I'm using Firefox 3 and when I open the options, I cannot change the "Path to calibre". The text field is grayed out...
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #17
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
Strange... I'm using Firefox 3 and when I open the options, I cannot change the "Path to calibre". The text field is grayed out...
Yeah, see my previous post, I've had to temporarily disable this feature because of several outstanding issues. I spent some time last night researching options and have several ideas but it will take some time to implement.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #18
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Hello, there Beowulf.

Beautiful piece of job you are doing, thank you. I was going to ask for a cover addition tab and it was already there.

0.27 is not working for me. Launches web2lrf, processes the pages and closes without creating any file. I have tried several options (discarding header and cover options, different borders, different link levels) and I get the same result. I didn't try 0.26, but 25 was working perfect.
What url are you using?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
yagiz
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf573 View Post
Yeah, see my previous post, I've had to temporarily disable this feature because of several outstanding issues. I spent some time last night researching options and have several ideas but it will take some time to implement.
Oh! Alright! Thanks!
So, in the meantime, would it help if I installed it at the hardcoded location?

Thanks again for the add-on.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #20
beowulf573
Addict

No, the whole adding to calibre feature is disabled for now. You can create the book then add it to the gui manually. I know how to fix it, it's just working out the details that will take a bit. I hope to have a version out tonight that works, but it may take until Friday.
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #21
yagiz

Quote:
No, the whole adding to calibre feature is disabled for now. You can create the book then add it to the gui manually. I know how to fix it, it's just working out the details that will take a bit. I hope to have a version out tonight that works, but it may take until Friday.
Sorry if I'm being a little dumb here... So, is it supposed to work with Firefox 3 even without the GUI? I mean I don't see the file generated in the specified folder...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
beowulf573
Addict

The file should still be created, it just won't be added to the calibre database automatically. If the lrf file isn't being created, something else is wrong.

Check the paths to web2lrf and your output directory and make sure there's a trailing path separator, \ for windows and / for Mac and Linux.

I'll try to remove that last requirement as part of the fix and also try to add more logging. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to capture the output of web2lrf, that would be useful.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The subprocess API doesn't allow you to redirect stdout and stderr? You could make a wrapper executable that does this.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #24
beowulf573
Addict

No, it's basically launch with parameters, blocking or not blocking. I will be writing a wrapper for Windows, mainly to deal with the console windows issue. However, I'd rather not do that for linux due to the large number of distributions and I don't have access to a Mac development environment.

However, as I typed that, it occurred to me that since I rely on web2lrf python will have to be installed, perhaps that's something I could use on Mac and Linux.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://pyxpcomext.mozdev.org/
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #26
beowulf573
Addict

Cool, I'll take a look at that during lunch.

I'd like to keep it working on as many platforms as possible. Although realistically, I only need to work on what calibre works on.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I think that extension is cross platform (at least it supports all 3 majors)
Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Depending on how ambitious you want to be, you can probably run the calibre code directly within the embedded interpreter, you'll just have to add the calibre installation directory and the library.zip file to sys.path, then

Code:
from calibre.ebooks.lrf.web.convert_from import main
main(['web2lrf', '-u', 'http://mysite.com', '-o', '/pathto/output.lrf', default']+extra_options)
and this allow you to add things to the database directly, with a couple of lines of code
Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #29
yagiz

Quote:
Check the paths to web2lrf and your output directory and make sure there's a trailing path separator, \ for windows and / for Mac and Linux.
Spot on! The trailing "\" was missing for the output folder.
Works like a charm!
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
I am working with

http://www.dartmouth.edu/%7Eizapa/CS-MM-TC.htm

This is my trial page. I have converted this from some of your versions. Reinstalled and got it working with 0.26 too. Going to retry 0.27
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote