Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
What "Open Withs" do You Use?

I have found the 'Open With' facility in Sigil very useful.

In particular I use "CSS Tools" to compress stylesheets and then use the reformat option to produce a very tight good looking stylesheet, which contains little that is duplicated or redundant.

For files containing the major text of an ePub I am looking at "HTML Cleaner" which when I have got it configured, to do what I wish, looks to be able to condense and optimise the code in the HTML and XHTML files in the ePub.

That made me wonder what other people are using?

Last edited by Thasaidon; 12-04-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Typos
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Before this, I tediously used the Tweak EPUB feature of Calibre to extract and validate the CSS at w3c. This is now built in.

Also built in is a simple Pretty CSS
And since Sigil 6 also has Goto Link or Style, I have little need to use a CSS sort tool.

So the long answer is, I don't The Sigil crew Rocks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
css tools, html cleaner, sigil