Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
jbr950
jbr950 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 90x
Installing third party apps on new Kobo Touch

Hi,
I'm looking to buy my first ebook reader in the next couple of days, and I've discovered that the Nook Touch can be "rooted" and then users can install android apps. I use Evernote, and this would be a huge advantage.

Can something similar be done on the Kobo Touch? I much prefer the pdf reading style on the Kobo and prefer its simplicity, but the ability to use Android apps is enough to sway me toward the Nook.

Thanks.
jbr950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The Kobo Touch isn't Android-based.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
jbr950
jbr950 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 90x
Guess that's my answer! Thanks a bunch.
jbr950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr950 View Post
Guess that's my answer! Thanks a bunch.
You're probably thinking of the newer Nook touch eink reader... It IS running android, has been rooted, and can sort of run some additional android apps...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Just watched it run Angry birds, looks a bit goofy
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert