Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MR Book Club: February09 book nominations
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow 5 15.15%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 6 18.18%
Refuge by Richard Herley 13 39.39%
Poker Without Cards: A Consciousness Thriller by Ben Mack 3 9.09%
Prague by Arthur Phillips 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #106
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Thank you JSWolf and Richard!
I've downloaded and have started reading! : )
Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've hit about 100 pages so far and it's pretty good.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #108
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What would you classify the book as? I'm adding it into my book spreadsheet, and I'm stuck on General Fiction, SciFi, or Mystery.

Richard, I also donated for you Stupid british pounds...worth so much money.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #109
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Right now, I'd classify it as general fiction.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #110
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Right now, I'd classify it as general fiction.
Great, thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 04:56 AM   #111
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Richard, I also donated for you Stupid british pounds...worth so much money.
Thank you, lilac_jive.

Novel genres are mainly the product of publishers and booksellers, plus of course the natural human desire to classify the world ... I don't like 'em much, myself.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #112
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Thank you, lilac_jive.

Novel genres are mainly the product of publishers and booksellers, plus of course the natural human desire to classify the world ... I don't like 'em much, myself.
I have borderline OCD and spent too many years in a bookstore I'm excited to read it though!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #113
5stack
5stack began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I'm looking forward to reading Refuge as well. Sounds like it should be interesting!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #114
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stack View Post
I'm looking forward to reading Refuge as well. Sounds like it should be interesting!
Hurry! We start discussing on the 25th! I found it a fast read, after just the first 3 pages or so.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #115
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Just realized this is your first post. Welcome to MobilRead.

Have you seen all the free books offered here?

You can get "Refuge" from Mr. Herleys website.

dive in, and ask questions as they occur to you!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #116
5stack
5stack began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Just realized this is your first post. Welcome to MobilRead.

Thanks, this is the first time I've done any forums, this a bit new for me.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it !
Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #117
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Welcome, 5stack! If you go to my site, you'll find you can get Refuge in many different formats -- there should be one to suit an Axim X30. You'll even find it in plain ASCII text.

desertgrandma, and everyone else who's reading, I'm greatly looking forward to the discussion. Please make a note of any questions you might have; by the 25th they might have slipped your mind. I'd like to answer everything in as much detail as is required. This will be a rare and exciting opportunity for a writer to interact with readers ... for an ebook and an online community, it might even be a first.

Last edited by Richard Herley; 02-10-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #118
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Thanks, this is the first time I've done any forums, this a bit new for me.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it !
If I may make a suggestion?

Go here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

start a new thread, and introduce yourself so that you can be welcomed properly........I'll be looking for you.........

Let us know where you are from, what you like to read, and what device, if any you have.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #119
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I'm getting excited to read this!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #120
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I have borderline OCD and spent too many years in a bookstore I'm excited to read it though!
As a book buying consumer, I find genres annoying.

When I worked in a bookshop, I hated seeing books shelved or stacked in the wrong section/genre/category. And I didn't even work on the shop floor! (And even as a shopper I have been known to tidy the occasional shelf in a bookshop when I'm browsing...)
Closed Thread