Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
anacoluthia
anacoluthia began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
New C67ML Carta - functionally useless

Greetings, all.

I just received my C67ML Carta from Banggood this week, but have had nothing but problems. The device will not wake from sleep without being plugged in and the reset pressed. Has frozen several times and remained unresponsive for hours. Needs to rescan the library every time I try to use is and, again, often freezes.

Then, yesterday, I got the message "Unfortunately, Onyx Neo Reader has stopped". I have since attempted to restart the device, clear the data and force quit the app, reset the device to factory settings, and even reinstall the 2015-4-22 build (which failed, of course), and still I get the same message whenever I try to open a file.

Please, any help you can offer is appreciated. I have found very little online that is helpful, and much of in Chinese or Japanese, which I cannot read.

Running:

Android 4.2.2
Kernal version 3.0.36+
Build number 1.71_rc1 2015-04-22_16-03 22cal43

Aaaaand now the screen has just gone totally blank as I write this post. Did I just get a lemon?? I am going out to sea in two weeks for 3 months and I need to have a functional device. I guess I should have just gotten a kobo, or an old Nook that I could easily root :/
anacoluthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
anacoluthia
anacoluthia began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Oh, FYI, it did already have Google Play installed.
anacoluthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacoluthia View Post
Greetings, all.

I just received my C67ML Carta from Banggood this week, but have had nothing but problems. The device will not wake from sleep without being plugged in and the reset pressed. Has frozen several times and remained unresponsive for hours. Needs to rescan the library every time I try to use is and, again, often freezes.

Then, yesterday, I got the message "Unfortunately, Onyx Neo Reader has stopped". I have since attempted to restart the device, clear the data and force quit the app, reset the device to factory settings, and even reinstall the 2015-4-22 build (which failed, of course), and still I get the same message whenever I try to open a file.

Please, any help you can offer is appreciated. I have found very little online that is helpful, and much of in Chinese or Japanese, which I cannot read.

Running:

Android 4.2.2
Kernal version 3.0.36+
Build number 1.71_rc1 2015-04-22_16-03 22cal43

Aaaaand now the screen has just gone totally blank as I write this post. Did I just get a lemon?? I am going out to sea in two weeks for 3 months and I need to have a functional device. I guess I should have just gotten a kobo, or an old Nook that I could easily root :/
Sorry that you've had problems with your Onyx C67ML Carta. Yes, sorry to say, these look like hardware issues to me. I had this stuff with the Onyx T68 I bought some time ago (and many others had problems with that one), but the C67 series seemed somewhat better (granted, the bar was low). I have a C67ML Carta that has been practically flawless so far.

Your only recourse is to contact Banggood and send it back to China. Not great news. I wish there was an easier fix.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote