Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #226
memeplex
memeplex began at the beginning.

Device: none
And related to the above, if comic mode is disabled the grey area at the bottom of the page causes very unpleasant refreshing artifacts when changing page. Just a line that indicates the bottom border of the page, as in the default pdf reader, would be preferable imho.
memeplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #227
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@memeplex

1. Pan-Fw_Press-Pan - Definitely a bug. Thanks for reporting.

2. Backward overlap shading - Discussion and fix for this can be found in previous posts (as you already noticed)

3. Gray background - You can set background colour to white editing defaults.lua file.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #228
memeplex

Thank you for your prompt answer Kai. Please read my update about the bug. I'm reporting it in kpv github also.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #229
memeplex

Here is a fix to make turn page up and down more consistent when panning with zoom to content width and page mode disabled. Say you pan right. Then you click > till the bottom of the page is reached and a page turn happens: the new page is again zoomed to content, which is just fine. But now do the same and click < instead, till the top of the page is reached and the previous one is shown: not only zoom is still manual but the viewport is at the top of the new page (instead of bottom). This behavior is utterly inconsistent with the previous one. It can be fixed changing:
Quote:
elseif self.globalzoom_mode == self.ZOOM_FIT_TO_CONTENT_WIDTH_PAN
by
Quote:
elseif self.globalzoom_mode == self.ZOOM_FIT_TO_CONTENT_WIDTH_PAN or
self.last_globalzoom_mode == self.ZOOM_FIT_TO_CONTENT_WIDTH_PAN
in UniReader:setzoom. In fact I think the entire condition could be replaced by self.content_top == -2012.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #230
memeplex

Bug (and dirty fix): kbscreen x 2 not forcing refresh in K4NT

I'd to change fb.bb:invertRect(0, 0, 1, 1) to fb.bb:invertRect(0, 0, 3, 3) to get it working. Really don't know why. I've not tested this in K3 yet. Maybe it works out of the box there.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #231
sfogar
sfogar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi,

> As far as I know, you don't even need jailbreak now. All you need is to download the
> file update_kite_0.0.1_install-k4.rar attached to that post. Unrar it, and you'll have 2
> files. Put update_kite_0.0.1_install-k4.bin on the flash root of your K4NT, and then go
> [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. After your Kindle
> restarts, proceed with step 3 above.

I tried to install on a brand new Kindle 4NT (firmware 4.1.1) but Kite does not install with an error.

Being a real beginner could you please suggest a solution ?

Did not jailbreak it before ... Should I ?

I see the jailbreak is for firmware up to 4.1.0

AF

Last edited by sfogar; 07-16-2013 at 05:49 AM.
sfogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #232
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You need to jailbreak, yes. It's mentioned in the OP. The OP also has all the links to the relevant threads for the install steps.

However, I suggest to use KUAL instead of Kite - but this is probably personal preference, I just consider KUAL a cleaner approach.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #233
sfogar

Hi,

many thanks for your reply...

Ok, I'll follow the path suggested but the jailbreak is ok also for firmware 4.1.1 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
You need to jailbreak, yes. It's mentioned in the OP. The OP also has all the links to the relevant threads for the install steps.

However, I suggest to use KUAL instead of Kite - but this is probably personal preference, I just consider KUAL a cleaner approach.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #234
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'm not sure about it (I don't own a K4). Maybe you need to downgrade. It will show when you try to jailbreak - if it doesn't work, you would need to downgrade the firmware before jailbreaking.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #235
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogar View Post
Hi,

many thanks for your reply...

Ok, I'll follow the path suggested but the jailbreak is ok also for firmware 4.1.1 ?
Yes.
At least I am pretty sure of that.
Here is what to expect:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak

Last edited by knc1; 07-16-2013 at 10:34 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #236
sfogar

OK, I made it !

Many thanks for all the suggestions...
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #237
BrunoReX
BrunoReX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
First of all, thank you for this application, it's like a day and night difference for manga/comic reading compared to the built-in picture viewer.

I'd like to know if there's currently any way to automatically rotate the picture to landscape orientation if the picture width is larger than its height.
BrunoReX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #238
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoReX View Post
I'd like to know if there's currently any way to automatically rotate the picture to landscape orientation if the picture width is larger than its height.
I'm sorry to say that there isn't a way to automatically rotate the picture if the picture width is larger than its height. On K3, rotation 90 degrees and back is only one key (j or k, depending what direction you want), so I never needed it to do it automatically.

Although it's not as easy as on K3, on K4 you can use ScreenKB - Menu to go directly to Zoom & Rotate menu. And since menues remember last option used, it shouldn't be all that troublesome to use on K4 too, although admitedly not as comfortable as on K3.

Modifying the code to do it automatically also shouldn't be all that difficult, but I don't have much time these days. If you can't do it yourself, maybe some of the other readers can help you.

Regards,
Kai

Last edited by Kai771; 07-19-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #239
lisq1
lisq1 began at the beginning.

Device: lbook v3+, Onyx I62, K4NT
Hi there. question. Me in PDF reflow last sentence on the page is repeated on the next page? Is it possible to somehow set up differently?
lisq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #240
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisq1 View Post
Hi there. question. Me in PDF reflow last sentence on the page is repeated on the next page? Is it possible to somehow set up differently?
That type of PDF does not have "hard" page breaks (which is one of the reasons it can be "reflowed").

So that continuation line is by design.
Change any of the metrics of the display and the "soft" page break position will change in the document.

- - - -

In answer to your question - it would require code changes to change that - there isn't a "continuation length" option.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader