Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
scoobertron
Connoisseur
scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scoobertron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo touch
Sleep/Power mode banner

This is probably futile, but I will ask anyway. Is there any way to move/remove the banner that shows on the sleep/power off screen showing the percentage reading and whether the kobo is sleeping or powered off?

The positioning of this seems designed to obscure the cover of the book that is being read (imo it would have been better as a border along the bottom of the screen - if it needs to be there at all), and annoyingly I recently worked out a way of generating covers that replicate the old penguin classics and the banner rather ruins the effect.

I have had a poke around the firmware images, both 2.15 and the latest beta, but don't seem to be able to find anything which relates to this, so if anyone can point me in a useful direction I would be very grateful.
scoobertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
In 2.1.5, on the Sleep & Power settings page, turn off the Screensaver/Fullscreen checkbox.

The cover will be shrunken on the sleep page, and the banner won't interfere anymore.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote