Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #31
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Always a possibility. I hope it is just a funky file, but it displays fine on my Sony 650.
One thing you can try is a factory reset; a pain, I know, but it has been known to fix obscure problems that are supposed to be fixed within the firmware. I had an issue with my wifi while testing the new firmware last week (and actually, the issue had been there prior to the new firmware too). Doing a reset fixed that.

Otherwise, you can try to just delete the book, restart the device, and re-add it again. Taming had an issue with searching a couple of books and refreshing the book list fixed that problem.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #32
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Looking forward to upgrading later tonight.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #33
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
I just updated to 1.9.11 I am 87% through Song of Fire and Ice. When I touch to page turn, I am bumped back to my home page. Never had this happen. It happens almost every time I attempt to turn a page. Just discovered this only happens when the SD card is installed, even though the book is not on the card.

Last edited by ldrover; 09-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #34
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
...and I've yet to be bumped back to the home page while reading, despite having a microSD card in. Gotta love these bugs that don't hit everyone, eh?
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
unaj41
Enthusiast
unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.unaj41 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Bottom line cut-offs are no more. Overall feels faster...

One issue I see: Reading Life > Reading Stats: my "In progress" book shows correctly only the percentage completion, but minutes, hours, pages now all show 0.
"Completed" section got also zeroed out: "Books Finished = 0", "0% of your library is completed" ....
unaj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #36
illiterate
illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.illiterate will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Touch (since Sept 2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrover View Post
I just updated to 1.9.11 I am 87% through Song of Fire and Ice. When I touch to page turn, I am bumped back to my home page. Never had this happen. It happens almost every time I attempt to turn a page. Just discovered this only happens when the SD card is installed, even though the book is not on the card.
I have a similar problem, except that my epub is actually on the SD card. So after it bump me back to my home page, I have to either re-insert the card or reboot KT. But either way, the same problem happen once I turn a page or two...
illiterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #37
ScrabbleDude
ScrabbleDude began at the beginning.

Very happy that the Library now shows completion percentage. Thank you!

The Reading Stats don't reflect books that have been marked as finished though. So the library shows them as done, but they're not reflected by reading stats and I think they should be.
ScrabbleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #38
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrabbleDude View Post
The Reading Stats don't reflect books that have been marked as finished though. So the library shows them as done, but they're not reflected by reading stats and I think they should be.
Yeah. After the update I went through my books and most of them said "unread" although I read them already on my old Kobo Wifi. So I marked them all as finished but it still says I've only finished 5 books total in the reading stats.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #39
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Yeah. After the update I went through my books and most of them said "unread" although I read them already on my old Kobo Wifi. So I marked them all as finished but it still says I've only finished 5 books total in the reading stats.
You need to be over 90% of the way through the book for it to mark as completed in the reading life.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #40
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.11 has been released.

• Share book on Facebook
• Search within a book
• Low-battery warning
• Book progress available in Library
• and more...
What's the "and more"?
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #41
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
What's the "and more"?
BUGS!
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #42
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

How do you find/see "book progress in library"? There is nothing that shows up for me that I can see.
Does anyone else get screen flashing such when coming out of sleep mode, connecting to a computer, or hitting the home button? I seem to get multiple flashes of the screen or at times flashing back and forth between recently viewed books and books that were last loaded on the Kobo's internal memory. I use an SD card in my KT in case that is a factor.
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #43
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
How do you find/see "book progress in library"? There is nothing that shows up for me that I can see.
Does anyone else get screen flashing such when coming out of sleep mode, connecting to a computer, or hitting the home button? I seem to get multiple flashes of the screen or at times flashing back and forth between recently viewed books and books that were last loaded on the Kobo's internal memory. I use an SD card in my KT in case that is a factor.
For me it (book progress that is) works in the following two ways -

* When viewing Library in single page cover mode (1 cover on the page)
* When viewing Library in "text plus covers" mode.

I don't see % read when I am viewing the "six covers per library page" (covers only) mode.

I also see % of the last book I had open when I sleep or power off.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #44
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Thank you to spindlegirl for the explanation. The % is in light grey and it didn't stand out.

Ever since this update I am having problems with the KT coming out of sleep mode on its own plus when I select the heart icon in books mode to add to the shortlist, it always jumps back to page one of the library afterward, plus it now randomly (seemingly) jumps back to t home page and flashes between the home page and the last books loaded to the kobo internal memory.

There are no new books loaded, the SD card is the same as before. This never happened before and it is VERY annoying!
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #45
Panatec
Panatec began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have this SD card problem also. After I turn several pages of a book, it will close automatically and Kobo goes to home page. In the Books screen, changing page can also lead to home page. In each case, all books in SD card disappear from the home page or the Books screen. I did a factory reset and upgraded it back to 1.9.11, but the problem is still there. It seems that under the firmware 1.9.11, the SD card sometimes loses power supply.
Panatec is offline   Reply With Quote