Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Hurda
Hurda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Missing masthed if I do recpie -> html -> mobi

I'm doing my own recipe, but I need to postprocess downloaded content so I
1) ebook-convert recipe -> html (directory)
2) edit html
3) ebook-convert .opf -> .mobi

But my final output is missing mastehad and is using only deffault calibre.
If I do direct recipe -> mobi the masthead is here and it's even mentioned in .opf:

Code:
	<guide>
		<reference href="mastheadImage.jpg" type="other.masthead"
			title="Masthead Image" />
		<reference href="cover.jpg" type="cover" title="Cover" />
	</guide>
The same goes for cover image.
Maybe there is some bug in convert process

I was told taht this ain't recipe problem and I should repost at conversion forum. So I did
Hurda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot do recipe to html to output and still get the same results. If you want to postprocess the download, use the postprocess_book or postprocess_html hook in your recipe class
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurda View Post
I was told taht this ain't recipe problem and I should repost at conversion forum. So I did
That was my comment, and I said it seems to not be recipe related because the mobi format, created directly by the recipe, has the masthead. You should have answered the question of whether the html format created by the recipe has the masthead.

If it does, are you sure your editing isn't the problem? Have you tried sending the html into calibre immediately after the recipe creates it and converting to mobi there? If it's a conversion issue that will fail. If it's your editing that causes the problem, it will succeed.

For those unfamiliar with what he's doing, he seems to be creating the ebook structure as HTML in a separate folder using a recipe and ebook-convert. Then he edits the HTML.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot do recipe to html to output and still get the same results.
What's happening to his masthead? I see mastheads in my HTML output. I see them in my EPUB output, too, so mostly I expect to see what's in the HTML also appear in the EPUB. Is this special to his final MOBI output or is there something about the HTML conversion that is removing them?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Hurda
Hurda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Smile Funny thing I can do that :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot do recipe to html to output and still get the same results. If you want to postprocess the download, use the postprocess_book or postprocess_html hook in your recipe class
I wasn't probably precise - I'm using directory output as you hinted for testing purposes and if I run ebook-convert then on the created content.opf it works.

My problem is I don't know python - so I need thes interstep to use my toos on it.

I investigated further this problem and used masthead is calibre_banner.png from Calibre/resources/content_server though when I ebook-convert it back to directory I get my original masthead image in images directory and thos one is nowhere to be found.
[I'm using latest calibre 7.50]

P.S. Since this is our first encounter - Thanks for great programme, good work.
Hurda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ebook-convert, masthead