Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
libprs500 and memory stick

For some reason, libprs500 does not recognize my Memory Stick, even though there are already books on there (from Connect) and the Mac mounts it. I can navigate the contents, but I can't seem to get libprs500 to see it so I can put contents on it.

Any one have a similar problem?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you using only a memory stick or a card and a memory stick?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am using a 2 GB memory stick and a 2 GB SD card.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

libprs500 supports only one card at a time.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru

Oh ok. I've downloaded the trunk to take a look at the code. I'm not familiar with Python, but I am very interested in learning. I have a Java/C++/PHP/VB/.NET background. Like I said, I've never used Python before so if I can get my development environment on my Mac working (using Easy Eclipse) then I may play around with it and submit some patches.

This may off topic, but what do you recommend in terms of environment for working with Python on the Mac?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont use Macs, but eclipse + pydev is a good cross platform python IDE. To get libprs500 running from svn requires a whole bunch of dependencies to be compiled and installed on your system. The list is at https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/download_generic
Old 01-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
astrodad
Guru

Well I haven't had much luck getting to work on my Mac, so I'm trying my work system..shhh... I have pydev running. When I run easy_install-2.5 -U TTFQuery libprs500 && libprs500_postinstall I get:

Quote:
C:\Source\workspace\python\libpr500>easy_install -U TTFQuery libprs500 && libprs500_postinstall
Searching for TTFQuery
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/TTFQuery/
Reading http://ttfquery.sourceforge.net/
Reading https://sourceforge.net/project/show...group_id=84080
Reading http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
Best match: TTFQuery 1.0.1
Processing ttfquery-1.0.1-py2.5.egg
ttfquery 1.0.1 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ttfquery-1.0.1-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for TTFQuery
Finished processing dependencies for TTFQuery
Searching for libprs500
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/libprs500/
Reading http://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net
Best match: libprs500 0.4.33
Processing libprs500-0.4.33-py2.5.egg
libprs500 0.4.33 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing epub2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing epub2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf-meta-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf-meta.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lit-meta-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lit-meta.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing pdf-meta-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing pdf-meta.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing epub-meta-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing epub-meta.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing rtf-meta-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing rtf-meta.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing web2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing web2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing isbndb-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing isbndb.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing any2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing any2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing rtf2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing rtf2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing pdf2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing pdf2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf2lrs-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf2lrs.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing web2disk-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing web2disk.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing html2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing html2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing markdown-libprs500-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing markdown-libprs500.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing libprs500_postinstall-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing libprs500_postinstall.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing prs500-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing prs500.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing txt2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing txt2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lit2lrf-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lit2lrf.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf2html-script.py script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrf2html.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrfviewer-script.pyw script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing lrfviewer.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing libprs500-script.pyw script to C:\Python25\Scripts
Installing libprs500.exe script to C:\Python25\Scripts

Using c:\python25\lib\site-packages\libprs500-0.4.33-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for libprs500
Finished processing dependencies for libprs500
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\Scripts\libprs500_postinstall-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('libprs500==0.4.33', 'console_scripts', 'libprs500_postinstall')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/linux.py", line 230, in post_install
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'geteuid'
Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Did you get all the dependencies installed first - that's where I came unstuck when trying to get things going on Windows (as a Java programmer who dabbles with Python!)

The alternative might be to use the VMware Applicance - I did actually mange to get that working!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
astrodad
Guru

Well that's where I am stuck. The command 'easy_install -U TTFQuery libprs500 && libprs500_postinstall' is supposed to get all of those isn't it?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You don't need the post_install script on OSX, it does only linux specific things. Try running one of the commandline tools say
Code:
html2lrf file.html
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You don't need the post_install script on OSX, it does only linux specific things. Try running one of the commandline tools say
Code:
html2lrf file.html
I've moved on to Windows for the time being.

Here's what I get:

Quote:
C:\Source\workspace\python\libpr500>lrf2html sample.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\Scripts\lrf2html-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('libprs500==0.4.33', 'console_scripts', 'lrf2html')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 277, in load_entry_point
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2179, in load_entry_point
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 1912, in load
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/fonts/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
ImportError: No module named ImageFont
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to install the python imaging library
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
astrodad
Guru

OK, I installed the imaging library and it works. So once I have the code in Eclipse running PyDev, I need to do what? If I make a change to some code, is there a build process? I am ignorant of Python. I have picked up a book and am going to go through it but I was hoping you could lead me in the right direction so that I can at least "see" what happens when I change things.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No build process, just make the change and run the the program. You may find this useful

http://docs.python.org/tut/
Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #15
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Well that's where I am stuck. The command 'easy_install -U TTFQuery libprs500 && libprs500_postinstall' is supposed to get all of those isn't it?
Ah - must take another look, then!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote