Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #25816
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Second mug of Frozen Summit Oolong. So working on ounces 25-48.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #25817
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #1 on deck.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #25818
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Waiting for a second cup of Sumatra coffee.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #25819
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Slow getting started today, but finally settling down and having a big mug of Phoenix Mountain Oolong.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #25820
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back from PT
and I'm nursing my knee
with tea
number 3.

(I'm a poet! And I don't know it! But my feet show it -- they're Longfellows!)
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #25821
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
stitchy, you need to take pictures of the food lady and her cart!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #25822
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Hear hear! Sounds like the most interesting bit of your adventure to date.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #25823
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
(Ah, ah) Oh, no, don't let the rain come down
My roof's got a hole in it and I might drown
Oh, yes, my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown

There was a crooked man and he had a crooked smile
Had a crooked sixpence and he walked a crooked mile
Had a crooked cat and he had a crooked mouse
They all lived together in a crooked little house

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBGG49T50E )

If there is one thing you can count on every day during the Rainy Season in the tropics, it's rain. You wouldn't believe what is going on outside right now. I can't even see the building across the street! But in about 30 minutes I expect bright, hot sun again! THAT is Rainy Season!

Good morning, everyone! It's Friday once again! Do you realize that one seventh of your life is spent on Fridays?!? Facinating! This Friday's tea is Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, as I try to pry my eyes open so early in the morning. I've noticed that I'm hording the better teas that I brought from Japan, trying to forestall running out. In reality, I bought sooo much tea with us, even if I drank them every day I probably wouldn't run out for a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I took a series with my phone's camera when I first moved in, but didn't like the way they came out. The next time we have a sunny morning I'll shoot a new series. It really is something unique to S.E. Asia. Coming from the West, our first thought is that these vendors can't be selling anything of quality otherwise they'd have 'real' restaurants. But that is just so far from the facts. Singapore is world-famous for its food courts, and you can find dozens of cookbooks with titles such as "Hawker Center (S'pors name for food courts) Foods to Cook at Home." Thailand doesn't have so many indoor places as Singapore, but every late afternoon/early evening, on almost every street and intersection in every neighborhood, vendors set up their carts, tables and chairs, and the locals flock to them in droves. Usually a cart specializes in just 2-3 different dishes, but there are plenty of vendors who really go all out with selection of 10-15 different main dishes One does need to keep in mind that the Thais like 'different' foods too. A vendor's cart may well be selling a variety of bugs...
(none of the previous photos are mine)

Fortunately, our Food Lady doesn't sell any bugs (although many of them a pretty tasty. The larva and grubs are very, very sweet!) I'll get some photos of her cart in a day or two and put them up.

Time to put the teabag into the cup for the second mug, and go down to graze.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 08-08-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #25824
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I have one question concerning the K2. I couldn't google it, but it's nothing so I don't want to start a new thread. How do I register a K2 without 3G?

My specs broke so I doubt I would get anything done properly today. So maybe I'll leave the office early - a privilege only interns have.

@ cromag: I like your poem
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #25825
cromag

Thanks.

Soup. For a light, late dinner.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #25826
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Home again, home again, and fresh coffee in my cup to be enjoyed with my M&M's.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #25827
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I have one question concerning the K2. I couldn't google it, but it's nothing so I don't want to start a new thread. How do I register a K2 without 3G?

My specs broke so I doubt I would get anything done properly today. So maybe I'll leave the office early - a privilege only interns have.

@ cromag: I like your poem
K2 as in a Kindle? Haven't all Kindle's (except maybe the first) had wifi capabilities too?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #25828
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nope. I think the K3 was the first with wifi. It might have been the International K2. The DX does not have WiFi which makes me think it was the K3
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #25829
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the K1 had wifi, difficult to use, but it saved my butt in an emergency situation in Mexico when I had to email relatives in the states to find my local contact that was supposed to be picking me up and was misplaced
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #25830
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
My memory is that the K2 didn't have WiFi, but I could be totally off-base. I know it had 3G, and there were different SKUs for the International one and the NA one.

Making a giant batch of Bolognese sauce today. Just finished the initial creation, and it's now in the oven at 275F where it will simmer away for the next 5-6 hours. Then get packaged up in pint jars and frozen. Instant dinner when neither of us wants to cook.

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend all morning. I lost count.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?