Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PRS 505 Screen

I just got a hold of a new 505 and I'm curious to know if the eink border on the main menu on my unit is normal. It's hard to explain what I'm seeing but I'll try my best.

On the bottom of the main menu (where it indicates battery life), there is a black border that turns 90 degrees on the right and I can see a thin black border going up the right side of the reader. If I follow that black border up, it seems to get narrower as it goes up. I feel like the top of my screen is shifted a smidgen to the right so I'm trying to see if it's normal or just my eyes playing tricks on me. Should the width of that black line remain the same from top to bottom?

Last edited by MerLock; 09-08-2009 at 03:33 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You know, I've had my PRS-505 for awhile, and I never noticed that small black border on the right until you just pointed it out.

From what I can tell, mine is a constant (but small) width from top to bottom, however, so you may be right that yours is off a tad.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Mine is a little teeny bit off, it goes slightly right-to-left as you go up the right edge of the screen. I noticed it a year or two ago and it's never bothered me. Whatever they use to position the screen in the device must not be 100% precise. Has never caused any problems.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think they all have this to some extent. I never notice mine since I have the dark blue. If it bothers you a lot, you could get a dark skin for it, so it blends in more.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think it's as Kezza states, whatever they use to position the screen isn't 100 percent precise. I think my screen is tilted by about half a millimeter so the words don't look perfectly straight across. It's like printed text on a page with the text slightly angled.

It's not too noticeable so I may just leave it. Thanks for taking a look everyone.

Last edited by MerLock; 09-08-2009 at 10:42 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, the border is normal.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote