Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #166
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Roberts324; I agree, X deserves alot of credit for BC...

Just to establish, you are using Word 2007 with which OS? (I'm using Word 2007 as well, which does crash on building imps, but there have been some other glitches that I've been looking to clear up)

-MJ
MJ, Robert correct me if I'm incorrect, but I believe when Robert says freezes that is not really a crash it is just the processor is going off and building the IMP file while in this process MS Word is not responsive.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #167
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
This might be a dumb question, but does Book Creator work with Open Office Writer?
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #168
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
This might be a dumb question, but does Book Creator work with Open Office Writer?
Not a dumb question. Unfortunately the answer is no the tool only works with Microsoft Word.

=X=
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #169
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Roberts324; I agree, X deserves alot of credit for BC...

Just to establish, you are using Word 2007 with which OS? (I'm using Word 2007 as well, which does crash on building imps, but there have been some other glitches that I've been looking to clear up)

-MJ
Office 2007 on Windows XP SP3. I hope this helps.
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #170
stranjer
n00b
stranjer began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I've updated the bookcreator tool today and since than i can't create lrf files or any other files for that matter..and it was working fine before..

will upload the messages i get soon...

help
stranjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #171
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
stranjer; Can you confirm you downloaded 2.61 and not 2.60? 2.60 did have that problem.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #172
stranjer
n00b

@mjh215 : Now that your saying, I have to double-check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure, as I have not done any updates till today!

will download again when I get home just to give it another go
Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #173
stranjer
n00b

Old 01-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #174
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
MJ, Robert correct me if I'm incorrect, but I believe when Robert says freezes that is not really a crash it is just the processor is going off and building the IMP file while in this process MS Word is not responsive.=X=
Nope, it's a full crash, where Word goes south, quits and eventually restarts reloading the current document.
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #175
stranjer
n00b

I've imported different books as I thought maybe the book I try to convert has something against the bookcreator, but no luck..

there is always a bug message coming up, but not always the same message though! this did not happen to me before the update

is there a way to download an older version of this?

Last edited by stranjer; 01-16-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #176
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranjer View Post
I've imported different books as I thought maybe the book I try to convert has something against the bookcreator, but no luck..

there is always a bug message coming up, but not always the same message though! this did not happen to me before the update

is there a way to download an older version of this?

Okay I looked into the error, it seems that error message is pretty generic. But I believe it's one of two reasons.
1) You don't have administrative rights
or
2) You don't have ePublisher installed.

I suspect, based on the changes I made it's the latter for you. If you are not willing to install ePublisher( and I don't blame you) you can download 2.5.2 I've attached it here.

If you do decided to install ePublisher please let me know if this fixes your problem. So that I can post 2.5.2 on the front page until I resolve this issue.

=X=
You can download ePublisher at http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v2.5.2.zip (226.1 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by =X=; 01-17-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #177
stranjer
n00b

=X=

I installed ePublisher and it fixed the problem.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #178
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranjer View Post
=X=

I installed ePublisher and it fixed the problem.
Thank you for the response. I'll update the home page.
=X=
Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #179
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am using BookCreator pretty much exclusively for creating my books. One mild annoyance though is when I create a new page, when converting to LRF, there is a large amount of blank space at the top of the page.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this space?

Thank you
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #180
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
PieOPah; If you mean each page has too much of a margin at the top you can adjust this is the settings menu when you go to build the LRF. If you are referring to the space at the top of a page on new chapters you can remove one or both of the paragraphes that preceed the chapter heading. (Just make sure you can view the hidden formatting symbols, Ctrl-* in Windows)
I'm including pics of the LRF eBook Creator menu in BC where you would change the margin and a pic of the paragraphes inbetween the page-break and chapter heading.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote