Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
juniorbonner
juniorbonner began at the beginning.

Device: none
Setup for PDF

What I am wanting to do is use Calibre to subscribe to my Instapaper feed, convert into a PDF and then email me the file.

Am I right in understanding that Calibre can do this automatically once I have set it up right?

When setting up using the Welcome Wizard which book reader should I choose which would allow me to convert to PDF.

I have tried the Android one, but this produced an EPUB file. I then manually converted this to a PDF, but when I emailed it to myself it was still sent in EPUB format.

Am I making any sense?
Any advice

Ta
Phil
juniorbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, juniorbonner

When you've solved your problem, come along and introduce yourself.

Click on link below.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
See preferences -> behaviour->preferred format for setting your preferred ebook format. If you choose PDF, Calibre will download feeds as PDF and mail the resulting file (if you have email set up, which you seem to have).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote