Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
White cover for T1?

Anybody have a white cover for the T1? I am wondering how the durability has been. After you've used it for awhile, did it stay clean? Do you recommend it or would you have picked a different color?

I got a clearance deal on a white T1 at Target today. I already have a black cover with light. I am thinking of buying another Sony cover and trying to decide on white or red.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Red... It will look nice with the white T1. Plus, I've not seen the red cover show dirt.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was thinking red would like really nice too. On the other hand, I was thinking about another DecalGirl skin and that would limit my choices. I need to use it for a few days and decide if the glare on the white housing bothers me as much as the black did before I skinned it.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Does the Gecko cover linked below suit?

It is available in white amongst other colours and being a corner attachment type, not interfere with your DecalGirl skinned T1.

They are very nice covers BTW, I used one to protect my T1 before I got the Gecko Leather cover.

http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-read...-t1-cover.html
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I was thinking red would like really nice too. On the other hand, I was thinking about another DecalGirl skin and that would limit my choices. I need to use it for a few days and decide if the glare on the white housing bothers me as much as the black did before I skinned it.
I think the white will be as good as the red in terms of glare. And if you want a red cover with light, get it from B&H. It's cheaper then getting it from Sony.

One of the local Target stores has the white T1 in stock. I'm going to check how much and maybe get it if it's reasonable. I figure if I change my mind after I can't return it, I can always sell it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip on B&H. I was thinking of stopping by Fry's Electronics later this week. They have covers in stock as well.

The Gecko cover looks nice too. I didn't realize that they had a white one.

I found the prices to be variable at different Targets so good luck. I love my T1 for the library integration. I travel a lot and read outside a lot so I am worried that it might get damaged accidentally. That's why I bought another T1 on clearance (and I had Target gift cards too!). I can already tell that the white T1 has much less glare and is better about fingerprints than the black one. I really like it. I now remember the other reason I skinned my black one: the glare from reading with a light!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I made my decision to go with the Sony white cover. I found a purple DecalGirl skin that I really like, and the white will look better with it.