Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
Dr_Bobio
Dr_Bobio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks again everyone, even those that 'pulled my covers'. I truly and honestly do appreciate all the feedback and guidance. May all your stories be grand.

Bobby
Dr_Bobio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Not to much karma cause the Thread opener clearly said he had an DX but bought his daughter a 6inch wifi only
There remains the possibility that someone has substituted the 3G modem with a Wi-Fi card and succeeded in getting it to work.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97157
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #18
bornmusician
Bibliophile
bornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Bobio View Post
No Go on all the above. Now I guess it's just time to buy an new router. I even had kindle support to call me. His words were, "you know more about this than I do" when I told him everything I had tried before reaching out to kindle support. Resetting (not cycling power) my router has had some adverse effects as well. My windows 7 dell xps laptop now won't connect. Everything else wireless in the house still works fine though. (2 blu rays, 3 Wiis, 3 other laptops, my kindle dx (altough i just use the 3g, i wanted to make sure), 2 printers, 3 iTouch's and an iPad, and 3 droid phones all still connect to the wi-fi. I tell ya, I got a real head scratcher on my hands. I think the router is the oldest piece of equipment I have so it's time to buy a new one. sigh. . . .

Bobby
PS Thank to everyone for all the great suggestions etc.
just wondering if you ever got the dell to connect. i also work in the computer industry and one of the most frustrating things is when one (or some) pcs will connect and others won't. what i've found works best (at least when i'm dealing with internet connectivity issues for desktops/laptops) is a complete power cycle of everything connected to the network.

1. power off all items on the network (computers, printer, blu-ray, anything else you have connected)
2. disconnect power from your router (if you have a separate one)
3. disconnect power from your modem (or modem/router combo)

wait 2 min, then power everything on in reverse order: modem first, then router, then pcs, laptops, etc.

that should restore connectivity on all devices.

as far as the kindle goes, you may try doing a factory reset (Menu, Settings, Menu, Reset to Factory Defaults) and re-entering all wifi information. if your daughter got her books from amazon, she should be able to download them again with whispernet. just make sure any non-amazon books are backed up elsewhere before doing the reset (like saved to her laptop)

hope some of this helps. best of luck!

and welcome to MR!
bornmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't know if this helps, but I have actually had to go into both my wifi laptop and kindle and completely delete the network connection all together...then redetect the network and reneter all the password/security stuff.
spear is offline   Reply With Quote