Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #16
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
chaley, I've had a few entries where in the 'On Device' column, it says (tick) Main, yet that entry isn't (and has never been) on the device.
(one even said the '2 books' as well)

The name's aren't even similar to others that have been on the device.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Two questions to all who are seeing this problem:

1) Do you use multiple libraries? Could the books being highlighted be in both libraries?
2) Did you rebuild your library, perhaps by copying books from one to another?

Or anything like the above?

Thanks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

chaley, I do use multiple libraries, and these entries (2 books/3 books) only ever existed in this one library.

I use a library for just epubs, which are edited, to remove the cover and images etc, to reduce filesize, and edited to look good (to me) on my reader.

One thing I thought may be causing this, could it be possible if that these entries had been sent to the device, then I'd further edited them (spelling, punctuation etc.), deleted them from the device and the re-sent them to the device.
I can't say for definite, whether all these entries are where I'd deleted/re-sent them.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
chaley, I do use multiple libraries, and these entries (2 books/3 books) only ever existed in this one library.

I use a library for just epubs, which are edited, to remove the cover and images etc, to reduce filesize, and edited to look good (to me) on my reader.

One thing I thought may be causing this, could it be possible if that these entries had been sent to the device, then I'd further edited them (spelling, punctuation etc.), deleted them from the device and the re-sent them to the device.
I can't say for definite, whether all these entries are where I'd deleted/re-sent them.
What he said, except I haven't edited anything and re-sent it to the device. Charles, I just woke up, (time differences plus I slept in ). So I'll go get my Reader now and plug it in and get those files for you. Expect them shortly

ETA: Yes, I use multiple libraries but none of the books are duplicated across libraries.
No, I've never had to rebuild my library by copying books across from one to other.

Files are sent

Last edited by phenomshel; 09-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@phenomshel & @Perkin:

Thanks to the files from phenomshel and the information you both supplied I (am 99% sure I) found the problem. The fix will be in the next release.

The problem, in case you care. Books on Sonys have three identifiers: a unique ID that comes from the library where the book was created, an 'application_id' that is the database key from the library that sent the book (which might change), and a 'db_id', which is the key from the library that put the book on the device. Calibre uses all three in a rather complicated way to try to match the book on the device with the book in the library. The application_id and db_id are indicative, meaning that they give a hint that the book might match.

The bug arises because I mistakenly used the db_id as an exact match in one rare case. The db_id matched some other random book in the library that has an application_id that equaled the db_id, causing the check mark to appear and the count to increase. However, the 'delete from device' dialog did not include the bug, so it would not show you these incorrect books.

I would *never* have found this problem without a) your insistence that it was really happening, b) the information you supplied, and c) (most importantly) phenomshel 's files.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, thank YOU!! You're the one who's doing the hard stuff
Old 09-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
Perkin
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
No, thank YOU!! You're the one who's doing the hard stuff
What he said.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
What he said.
He's a she... LOL!!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
Perkin
Guru

O.K. What SHE said.

(sorry - should have look at left hand side - 'Book Goddess' - kind of gives it away.)

Edit: spelling. doh.