Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How did you get your friend list?
I accept people who want to be friends with me. I don't ask others. 12 24.49%
I do all the asking. 2 4.08%
Sometimes I ask, sometimes people ask me. 26 53.06%
I have rejected friends or been rejected. 2 4.08%
Friends? I don't need no stinkin' friends! 4 8.16%
Oh! Is *that* how other people got their pictures on *my* profile page?? 5 10.20%
Other (PORTUGAL, SPAIN, the one next to the blue fish, and all other applicable entries) 18 36.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Your Mobile Read Friends

I'm not a facebook kind of girl (much to the disgust of the vast majority of my friends), but I have listened to enough people whine and ramble and blubber about accepting/rejecting friends, and friend count and so on.... so now I wonder about the "friends" option on MR. Pick the answer that best describes you, and please explain!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

btw, it's a multiple choice, and I already messed up my own answer...

I haven't asked people for this fear of being rejected. it stems from an experience way back in grade school (grammar school, elementary school), ah, where's that couch? oh, thank you, what a comfortable couch *yawn*. Now, where was I? oh yes, so anyway, there was this girl named Yvonne.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ok I picked the first one because I have been asked but have yet to ask anyone (am still a bit newbie shy) but I aspire to be "Sometimes I ask, sometimes people ask me"

Now if I could just get all those restraining order lifted.........
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Ok I picked the first one because I have been asked but have yet to ask anyone (am still a bit newbie shy) but I aspire to be "Sometimes I ask, sometimes people ask me"

Now if I could just get all those restraining order lifted.........
I am even newbier but haven't voted yet cuz I'm a pretty quick learner and just know there will be other options soon. Of course I am a quick forgetter too.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I voted for sometimes ask, sometimes asked. And also for other, because it would have been churlish not to! Took me a little while to feel comfortable enough to ask, though.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I've started asking people now, not just waiting for them to ask me, but it takes time!

I think it must be like creating polls - scary until you try it the first time and then strangely addictive!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i voted for sometimes ask, sometimes am asked (and other, obviously. ). when alex first implemented the feature i wasn't sure what it was for (not a facebook girl either ) but i soon found it was very handy for jumping to my friends' profile pages to leave them a message, so i began to make the most of it rather quickly.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i voted for sometimes ask, sometimes am asked (and other, obviously. ). when alex first implemented the feature i wasn't sure what it was for (not a facebook girl either ) but i soon found it was very handy for jumping to my friends' profile pages to leave them a message, so i began to make the most of it rather quickly.
Aha!! I was wondering what the advantage would be. After spending some time trying to find a certain person's page I now see the benefit. I'm going to have to start putting myself out there.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I accept most of my mobile read friends and family members and friends from college. Very occasionally will I ask someone to be my friend, just shy I guess.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #10
Jill74
Banned
Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jill74 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505
im on twitter...
Jill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I am even newbier but haven't voted yet cuz I'm a pretty quick learner and just know there will be other options soon. Of course I am a quick forgetter too.
Yes, but I'm a newbie-enough to not know how to change the poll once it's out there. So you're stuck, unless someone else changes it for me! Just vote already!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
"Sometimes I ask, sometimes people ask me." is the closest for me -

I seem to have done most of the asking, with maybe a ratio of 9:1....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Well, obviously...

Other (PORTUGAL, SPAIN, the one next to the blue fish, and all other applicable entries)

Until recently, I didn't know what to do when a box popped up about wanting to be a friend (didn't know what to click).. Hopefully, I didn't do something wrong on some of them and insult anybody.

Then I read a post by someone else asking about it and EUREKA (yes, I KNOW, I should have read the F & Q).

Oh! Is *that* how other people got their pictures on *my* profile page??

So, then I tried a couple .....

Sometimes I ask, sometimes people ask me.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There should be an option: what is a profile page?

I can hardly keep up with the threads here, let alone friends! Can I befriend my reader?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There should be an option: what is a profile page?

I can hardly keep up with the threads here, let alone friends! Can I befriend my reader?

You hook up to it through your PC, don't ya !?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote