Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
Technohead
Technohead began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Trouble authorizing the ebook device whilst transferring bought ebooks?

Hi all,
I am the lucky recipient of a PRS 505 as a gift. I love tech toys, am extremely techy (I'm a software developer), but was having a hell of a time trying to use the eBook Library software.

I had bought a couple of books from the eBook store and can see them in the library. When I drag and drop the two books to the reader, it pops up a dialog box saying: "To transfer this eBook, you must first authorize the Reader to the eBook Store..." after clicking on yes it would invariably lead to a useless generic oops an error has occurred page.

If this is happening to you, click on the eBook store, click on the My Account link and then click on the Manage Devices link. At the bottom of the page you should be able to click on a link to authorize this device. It spins for a bit and then you should be good to drag the books over to the reader.

I hope this prevents the level of extreme frustration that I experienced for any body that just got this new shiny toy and wants to actually use it.

Dennis
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Technohead and welcome to MobileRead!

Yes, the ebook library software can be extremely frustrating and many people have had troubles with it at some point. Thanks for your tips -- I'm sure they will be helpful to others trying to use the software for the first time.

Many people around here use Calibre to manage their ebooks and don't bother much with the sony software except to buy books. This is the link for Calibre in the MR wiki --

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Calibre

Enjoy your 505!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert