Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
Calibre2opds duplicating image files intended?

Hi there,

I'm using Calibre2opds to publish my catalogue, using Dropbox as a destination folder for that purpose.

I access those files from the Android world, re-sizing covers and using thumbnails.

I noticed, while doing a Calibre library check, that Calibre2opds, through re-sizing and creating thumbnails, is creating those files twice: once in the calibre library (which doesn't know all those files) and finally in the destination folder structure.

Is this redundancy intended? Wouldn't it be sufficient to create the image-files once in the folders used for the publication? I only mind in case it could somehow impair the integrity of the Calibre library at some stage.

Thanks and happy reading!
miquele

Last edited by miquele; 06-29-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typo
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The reason that a copy is left in the Calibre library folder is so that next time around you do not have to take the overhead of recreating those files.

However if you are using Dropbox, then you are probably best of using the options on the Advanced tab to not generate tailored images for thumbnails and cover images as described at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cali...g#Advanced_Tab. If you change the settings to use the Calibre cover images then the next run of Calibre2opds will also remove the tailored ones that are in the Calibre library.

Just to check - I assume that you do not have the Calibre library itself under Dropbox? Just checking as if that is the case you do not need to use the Publish mode but can instead simply use the Default mode which generates the Calibre2opds catalog as a sub-folder of the Calibre library folder.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
Hi itimpi,

thanks for the answer. To reduce overhead makes sense, so does removing them once unused.

I believe the rest of the set-up is good - I actually like those options (at the moment runtime over size for me), and no - the Calibre folder resides somewhere else, so pub mode should be alright.

Thanks for your help!
miquele
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote