Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
ScottyG
ScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Music cover art requirements?

Hello,

I notice that some of my music albums are not showing up with cover art, and I can't seem to figure out what the requirements are for the files. Most of my cover art files are 155x155px JPEG files with a .jpg extension, named cdcover.jpg. They tend to only be a handful of kb at most in size. Yet some of them do not show up.

I searched trough the T1's user manual and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know what the requirements are?

Thanks,

Scott
ScottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I could be wrong, but based on looking at the 2 sample mp3s included on the PRST1, perhaps your cover art needs to be embedded inside the mp3 not an external jpg.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Those image sizes should be fine. Yes, don't have the album art separately. You need to edit the metadata of your songs to make sure that they have album art. You can do that in iTunes, or Mp3tag is a popular and powerful freeware (PC version only).

Some of my album art didn't show properly the first time that I transferred music to my T1. I had transferred the files via syncing through the Sony Reader for Mac software. I unsynced to remove the files. Then I manually transferred the files by drag-and-drop through Mac Finder (Windows Explorer). Then all of my artwork showed fine.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
If you're running PC, not Mac, I've found Windows Media Player works fine for adding artwork - a matter of dragging and dropping your .jpg onto the cover art space of the album. Occasionally, I've had to go back and individually link the tracks to that image (by right clicking for the Advanced Editing feature).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #5
ScottyG
ScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for the advice - I finally had a chance to verify things this evening. It is indeed the case that the cover art needs to be embedded into the mp3 files' ID3 tag. The separate cdcover.jpg files are completely irrelevant to whether cover art gets displayed.

Before this, I didn't realize you could embed binary files within ID3 tags - I thought they were text metadata only. Go figure.

Scott
ScottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Great news! Enjoy your T1 and music!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote