Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Out of warranty Battery Replacment option.

Quote:
The one year warranty on iRex' electronic reading devices includes replacement of a defective battery. After the first year you can request a battery replacement from iRex Service for 75 Euro or 84 US$. iRex will make sure your battery is disposed in an environmentally-friendly manner.
I don't think $84 is too rediculous for a new battery. It's about par with laptop batteries and the like. It's nice to know they give us the option when are iLiads are out of warranty.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
You will likely need to foot the bill for at least one-way shipping, if not two-way shipping. Shipping back to you, if included, would likely be Ground for that price.

Not trying to poop on the service... I'm just trying to point out the potential for increased total cost of replacement and likely 10-14 day reading withdrawal.

I haven't bought a device yet, but this thread has made me realize the importance of keeping the original packing material. I usually don't keep original packaging, but for this purchase it would make sense to do so.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
If you have a fitting screwdriver and no warranty left and you know a bit what you are doing, you can get 2 replacement batteries for around 20,- Euros.

Would save you the trip and some cash, but if you miss on of the above, you will be better off to let iRex do it.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hm. I am not the original owner, so I suspect I'm not eligible for the battery replacement.

Tribble, are you selling these replacement batteries? I'm reasonably handy with a screwdriver. Will I need a soldering iron?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 AM   #5
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Hi, I'm Ben and I'm new to this forum. I've been seriously contemplating the purchase of iLaid but have the following reservation:-
I'm in Malaysia and if I cannot do the replacement of batteries myself, than it will not be practical to send the iLaid back just to replace batteries (cost, time lag, distance, etc).
Has anyone in this forum did successfully in replacing iLaid batteries?
This information will be very important for me to decide whether to go ahead to purchase iLaid. No problem with warranty issue as most likely the batteries will only need to be replaced after the 1-year period.
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Lithium Ion batteries, such as the iLiad uses, should be good for about 4-5 years. Personally I'm not bothered about battery replacements - I'll have replaced it with a new device long before the battery dies.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote