Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #331
Mel
Connoisseur
Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android tablet
Mine finally arrived. Of course the website keeps crashing on me so I can't tell if they are all there. B&N really needs to scrap everything about their e-commerce site and start over.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #332
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Lucky, I'm still waiting for the code.
Lucky you, I'm still waiting on the first email.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #333
Mel
Connoisseur
Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The B&N site stayed up long enough for me to discover one oops. My copy of The Lord of the Rings didn't transfer over as an omnibus of all three books. I have a copy of the Two Towers. At first I thought they must have changed it to three separate files, but The Two Towers is the only book in my library.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #334
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
The B&N site stayed up long enough for me to discover one oops. My copy of The Lord of the Rings didn't transfer over as an omnibus of all three books. I have a copy of the Two Towers. At first I thought they must have changed it to three separate files, but The Two Towers is the only book in my library.
I just checked and mine is the same as yours, I've got the Two Towers instead of the omnibus. Mine was originally purchased in LIT and Fictionwise converted it to eReader when the LIT version would no longer download back in May of 2011.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #335
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
I clicked the link earlier this week and got the "week of 11/19" response but nothing since then. I stupidly deleted the email. I know, dumbass move!

I googled for it and come up with this link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/fict...79003818&emailname@domain.com

I don't know what the number 379003818 means (anyone?) but I changed the email to mine and it seemed to go through. I got the message:
Thank you for choosing to transfer your library to NOOK.
You will receive an email in the coming weeks with your access code and further instruction."

Hopefully I'll get an email soon.
-Vito

Interesting - I actually do have a yankee CC number so will try that and see what happens.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #336
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just checked and mine is the same as yours, I've got the Two Towers instead of the omnibus. Mine was originally purchased in LIT and Fictionwise converted it to eReader when the LIT version would no longer download back in May of 2011.
Yes, I also realized last night that mine was the same. During the day yesterday, with all of the other problems with the site, I could only see the cover image, and did not realize that it did not represent the omnibus. Later last night, I got the "Library" view to work, saw the title attached, and sent a quick note to B&N support that their parser may have made an error in identifying the book.

I also found one other parser error that came out in my favor. My Fictionwise "extended excerpt" of Neil Gaiman's Coraline became the whole book over at B&N. Which is interesting because the extended excerpt of David Brin's Kiln Prople is one of the FW titles that did not transfer at all.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #337
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I shall make sure that I double-check my nook list against my fictionwise list, especially LotR.

Assuming that I eventually get my books transferred, of course!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #338
ladyplf
ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm,pocketpc,nextbook 7
The week of 11/19/12 has long passed and still no code for the converted account. This seems like one big mess. I wonder if B&N just didn't anticipate the amount of people who would actually like their old books converted to a new account, or if they just didn't care.

Thank goodness I never bought a Nook! Ebook buyers are very loyal and it is a shame that B&N have let a chance to retain good customers slip through their fingers. Amazon isn't perfect but I find myself buying just about everything from them now. I will miss fictionwise though.
ladyplf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #339
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up My code came!

I just got a code from B&N.

It took two goes to get it accepted and then I got a message that my books are being added.

We'll see but it seems like some progress.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #340
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
I just got a code from B&N.

It took two goes to get it accepted and then I got a message that my books are being added.
Ditto.
The link in the email let to the proper page with the transfer code pre-entered, but with the letters in *lowercase* instead of uppercase. It resulted in an error alert box.

Pasting in the uppercase code resulted in a message that the books will be added.

So, it seems the transfer code page is case sensitive: verify the code carefully.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #341
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Ditto.
The link in the email let to the proper page with the transfer code pre-entered, but with the letters in *lowercase* instead of uppercase. It resulted in an error alert box.

Pasting in the uppercase code resulted in a message that the books will be added.

So, it seems the transfer code page is case sensitive: verify the code carefully.
I also just finally got mine, and it also auto-populated the code in lower-case. However, it accepted it and said my access code is being redeemed and items are being added to my library. So I guess B&N isn't consistent with this any more than the rest of it, but it's encouraging that at least more of us are finally starting to get codes, and books transferred.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #342
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Success! I requested a 2nd code. Like the previous poster the link didn't work, because the letters in the code were in lower case. I pasted the code into the web page, and now 150 of my 155 books have been transferred. I think that's as good as I could hope for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #343
Mel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine was also originally LIT. I wonder if that is the problem? Of course it is funny that Fictionwise title of the book is "The Lord of the Rings [Combines the 3 Volume Series]" I guess the conversion monkey was getting tired by the time he got to the "T" authors.

I wonder how they are chosing versions to port? On my older books I notice that the covers are not from the version origionally purchased, but they aren't the art on the current versions for sale at B&N. They are actual covers, not some generic thing, but art I either haven't seen or that was used in the intervening years. With B&N constantly crashing on me I haven't been able to check dates in the books. Anyone notice if they are updating books as they add them to libraries?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #344
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I bought the Mobi versions of the LoTRs, both solo and the omnibus.
In the transfer, I now have *two* versions of THE TWO TOWERS.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #345
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I need to call B&N. I have two B&N accounts, one has way more books, and of course it's the other one that B&N/Fictionwise want to use for the transfer. =S

Maybe I can talk them into merging them.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote