Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Where to buy books

I've been scouring the site for a while and I haven't found this yet so I'll post it here.

Where do you all buy your books? I have a PRS-505 (brand new!) and I don't mind doing conversions from Mobi, LIT, txt, or anything else.

Where are you getting the deals? Which sites have the most content? Where do you get free stuff (legal, of course)?

Is there a combined list somewhere on this forum?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
To start, you might check the Wiki list of stores here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Out of them, I tend to buy from http://www.fictionwise.com/ for use with my PRS-500
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Oh I forgot to check the Wiki. I also found another post that had some links from users as well. Thanks to both of you. I have bought from fictionwise in the past.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Someone should add www.booksonboard.com for a great range of .lit ebooks that are cheap as well.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shousa View Post
Someone should add www.booksonboard.com for a great range of .lit ebooks that are cheap as well.
Bump!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by shousa View Post
Ha. You know, the fun part of a wiki is, that anyone can edit it. In fact, the general idea is to edit a wiki as you see fit (allways to improve, of course!). So the best way of getting the booksonboard link in the wiki, is to put it there yourself.

Being a nice guy who likes some exercise, I added it for you to the wiki
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
shousa
Groupie

Sorry I did not know...thought you had to be a forum administrator or something.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
no problem
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote