Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #61
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I was mainly refering to size, muscles and chin. I don't think a lot of acting talent is required to play Reacher-
I would hate to see Tom Cruise for Reacher but I am sure he will draw more people to the movie than just the name Jack Reacher or even Liam Nesson.

din
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #62
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I was mainly refering to size, muscles and chin. I don't think a lot of acting talent is required to play Reacher-
Watch Liam Neeson in Taken and compare his acting abilities to Dolph Lundgren in any of his.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Ohh, I have no doubt that Liam Neeson is heads and shoulder above Doplh Lundgren as an actor. I'm just not sure that kind of talent is required to play Reacher.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #64
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Ohh, I have no doubt that Liam Neeson is heads and shoulder above Doplh Lundgren as an actor. I'm just not sure that kind of talent is required to play Reacher.
I hesitate to say this, but I will anyway - you have read a few Reacher books, haven't you ?

Because - to me anyway - he's quite a complex character study, and if a, well, let's just say an actor without considerable ability in the part would make it just the kind of film that would be up for the "straight to video" awards, and lose any chance of the film being anything more than a shoot 'em up yawn seen it before (and turned it off)

Much the kind of film inhabited by Dolph Lundgren, usually - but having only managed to stay with two beyond enough time to pull myself together and go to bed, perhaps I'm under-valuing the quality of the meaningful complex roles he has assayed...?
Or perhaps they don't make to video ?

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #65
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I would rather see Danny Devito as Jack Reacher rather than Tom Cruise.
Apache
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #66
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paydayloansinfo View Post
I want to know the full details about Jack Reacher's movie.
If you've got this far on the thread..... you know as much as we do
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #67
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I hesitate to say this, but I will anyway - you have read a few Reacher books, haven't you ?

Because - to me anyway - he's quite a complex character study, and if a, well, let's just say an actor without considerable ability in the part would make it just the kind of film that would be up for the "straight to video" awards, and lose any chance of the film being anything more than a shoot 'em up yawn seen it before (and turned it off)

Much the kind of film inhabited by Dolph Lundgren, usually - but having only managed to stay with two beyond enough time to pull myself together and go to bed, perhaps I'm under-valuing the quality of the meaningful complex roles he has assayed...?

Ooops, I did it again. I forgot the [SARCASM] [/SARCASM] tags.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #68
carpetmojo
Wizard

Ah.....
Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #69
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:

Unfortunately, a mediocre-at-best film that would have been better suited for direct-to-video is kind of what I expect. I'm a pessimist (so I'm never unpleasantly surprised!) but I fully expect Hollywood to ruin all of my favorite series/characters. This is, after all, the culture that needs to constantly remake uninspired material that is only 20 years old rather than make a movie that requires original thought.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I expect it be a forgetable movie where Jack utters cheesy one-liners while he kicks hundreds of asses. I must admit that Liam Neeson would add a little gravitas to the role, but I still think he seems a bit too old. In terms of physique, Dolph Lundgren did come to mind, but my giant schnauzer is a better actor than he is, and the Reacher character is as smart as he is tough. No way Dolph can pull that off.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #70
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Considering what Mr. Cruise did to other treatments of books or TV shows, I do not expect the movie to be much like the books. And not in a good way like some of the Bond movies.

I will pass on paying to see this one. I will probably watch it, if the reviews from people like this thread say it is OK. But only on an airplane or at home when it shows up on cable.

Liam Neesom would be good, he did a great job in A-Team.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #71
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
In terms of physique, Dolph Lundgren did come to mind, but my giant schnauzer is a better actor than he is, and the Reacher character is as smart as he is tough. No way Dolph can pull that off.
It is not a well known fact that Dolph Lundgren is a graduate from The Royal Institute of Technology in chemical engineering. That your giant schnauzer had more acting skills in his front paws than all of Mr. Lundgren is however beyond any reasonable doubt.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #72
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
I wonder how much power, if any, Childs has on his agreement, over major casting.....
My bet would be on "Absolutely none!"...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote