Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #226
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I got my emails around Nov 16th - one for Fictionwise (555 books) and one for Ereader (88) books. I clicked the link to opt in to the transfer to BN and got the same message about getting a code the week of the 19th. I am still awaiting a code to use for the transfer.

I re-downloaded my entire Fictionwise and eReader bookshelves again last Saturday. Except for 8 Lit's and 1 secure eReader title the entire library Did Download this time. I downloaded everything at the start of the Agency pricing had quite a few titles that would not down load! Now to my surprise most everything downloaded even .Mobi titles. I had around 100 titles that had to be manually downloaded from Fictionwise pages via lightning source but they did down load.

I plan to resanitze the new fresh downloads again but most of my Fictionwise and eReader titles already sit on my Nook bookshelf via sideloading and Dropbox!

I will greatly miss the multiformat titles though. It was convenient to be able to download an already formatted title for different devices without having to do any extra steps. Sigh. I have been expecting this for a while.

I guess I too will call BN customer service and waste some minutes of my life never to be regained... lol.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #227
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I tried my link again today and this time I made it to the confirmation screen that says they will send me a link the week of November 19.
An hour and a half after I posted this, I got a *new* email from Barnes & Noble with an opt-in link good until December 21 -- and it doesn't work. I'm back to "Sorry, your email address doesn't match our records."
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #228
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Just got off the phone with B&N support. They are aware that an email went out today and they are aware that it's still broken. He said I should get a new email by the end of the week and that he thought that they would be extending the deadline because of all the issues they've had.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #229
lfeuln
lfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: iPhone, Retina iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch
I finally got the email earlier today and yep, "Sorry, your email address doesn't match our records". It's the same address on both accounts.

Was also told there was a glitch with the link and a second email would be forthcoming. Oy.
lfeuln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #230
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post
I finally got the email earlier today and yep, "Sorry, your email address doesn't match our records". It's the same address on both accounts.

Was also told there was a glitch with the link and a second email would be forthcoming. Oy.
And another one after that one and another one and...

53rd time's the charm!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #231
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
And another one after that one and another one and...

53rd time's the charm!
That kind of optimism is just going to lead to disappointment.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #232
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
That kind of optimism is just going to lead to disappointment.
So, 153rd time's the charm or should i go higher?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #233
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I fear expecting any charm from B&N is a recipe for frustration.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #234
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I got the first email a while back, got the email error. Saw the info about the link problem, so I waited. Got the second email yesterday. Same email error. Searched for and found the first email I got, used that link and it went through, so now I'm waiting for a code.

I already have all my Fictionwise books backed up in calibre, but I'd still like to have whichever ones will transfer in my B&N account.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #235
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I got the first email a while back, got the email error. Saw the info about the link problem, so I waited. Got the second email yesterday. Same email error. Searched for and found the first email I got, used that link and it went through, so now I'm waiting for a code.

I already have all my Fictionwise books backed up in calibre, but I'd still like to have whichever ones will transfer in my B&N account.
The problem with the link in the first email is that it has no email address, so it always appears to go through and tells you you'll receive an email the week of November 19 even though it really does nothing.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #236
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
The first time I clicked the link in my one and only email I received, it said I would get an email the week of Nov 19 like a lot of you. I just used the link again and got this message
Quote:
Thank you for choosing to transfer your library to NOOK.

You will receive an email in the coming weeks with your access code and further instruction.
I hope that doesn't mean four weeks because the opportunity to opt-in will be gone. I know that clicking on the link and agreeing means I already opted-in, but apparently that fact has been lost somewhere.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #237
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Either B&N is going to have to extend the deadline or there are going to be a lot of piss-off customers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #238
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Either B&N is going to have to extend the deadline or there are going to be a lot of piss-off customers.
Come on!
B&N is endlessly creative!
Why not both?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #239
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Come on!
B&N is endlessly creative!
Why not both?
I was going to post this quote from their new opt-in screen:
Quote:
We look forward to providing you with a continued, excellent reading experiences!
-The NOOK Team
and suggest that they're either not very attentive to detail or are not native English speakers. But after reading the above, I realize that's a false dichotomy: it could be BOTH!

And, like everyone else, I'm still waiting for the promised access code. The one I was originally promised the week of the 19th. And then, after reading the posts here, I clicked the opt-in link from my Fictionwise email again, and got the "coming weeks" promise.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #240
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Well look what I found in email just now:

Quote:
Thank you for opting to transfer your Fictionwise or eReader Bookshelf
clicked the link and logged in to my B&N account and got this:

Quote:
Items are being added to your library

Your access code is being redeemed, and your items will be available in your library shortly.
Recived the first email on Novmeber 16.

Everthing but secure e-reader so far.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote