Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #76
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I'd like to see a nook with a 5" screen. Something equal to a paperback page.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #77
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I was looking at some of the popular (the ones carried in stores ) models this Holiday.

Does anyone else hold their reader in their Right hand to read?

My Astak 5" seems to be the only one with a Page turn key located on the Right AND not right where you grip the device.
I still want a (5" width) reader with 9:16 e-Ink screen, priced under US$200
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #78
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
I am fairly happy with the form factor of my nook. However, I wish it was just a little lighter, and sometimes the reflections off the touchscreen bothers me a little when I'm reading. But, the ability to turn the pages by swiping almost makes up for a little glare.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #79
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
For me, I love the size of the Nook Color. It feels good in the hand and is easy to read. I am not flipping the pages all of the time (like on the iPod touch) and it takes a minute or two to read the page.

I also like the size of the Kindle 2 screen.

I tried the iPad numerous times but it was uncomfortable for me. It felt really bulky and awkward. I will stick with what I have. They both fit into my purse and are easy to carry around :-)
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #80
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I would like to try a 7 inch screen, with a 3x4 ratio. Something like the screen from the 650 and Stanza software from the IPad.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #81
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
I think the answer to the form factor question has to take into account what kind of ebook you like to read. For most of my adult life, I have been reading fiction and non-fiction books that have no or very few illustrations. So, an ereader that just puts text on the screen in the easiest to read manner is what I'm looking for. However, as a kid, a teen and a young adult, I still collected and read comic books. If I was still an avid comic book reader, then I'd want my ereader to be color and be able to display the ecomic () in a way that gave me the same feel of a pcomic ().

So right now, I am satisfied with my combination of my iPod touch, which I carry with me everywhere and can pull out any time I want and my Sony PRS-300 which I am just getting used to. I'd like the software on the Sony to be a bit more like the software on my touch, but I'm good for now.

However, if I wanted to read comic books or magazines or anything else with pictures, I'd be looking for another solution.
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote